Poll: Do you want to get married?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you want to get married?
Yes, I want to get married.
124 56%
No, I don't want to get married.
61 28%
TS has WhITe PuBeS!!11! LOOOOL!!
36 16%
Voters: 221.
Page 1 of 4
I was thinking about this the other day.

When it comes down to it, I don't know many couples who are happily married.

Yeah, divorce rate is through the roof, but I can easily say that lots of husbands and wives live together yet sincerely hate each other, but for whatever reason, they stay together to the bitter end.

Do you really want to become an empty shell of your former self? I say F that S.
I do. When I find someone who loves me, in that way, I think I will be able to tell. And if I love them back then that right there is a powerful force.

Its probably my personality but finding a match like that is definitely a life goal.

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
So what are you going to do? Be single forever or just go through relationships one after another?
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
No, never.
Whenever the Will to Power, in no matter what form, begins to decline, a physiological retrogression, decadence always supervenes.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
I've yet to meet anyone I could seriously consider spending the greater part of my life with, so eh.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Yeah, but I'd have to be extremely sure. I consider marriage an expensive way of saying "I love you," but making it publicly open.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by rockingamer2
So what are you going to do? Be single forever or just go through relationships one after another?

Aye. Maybe have an out of wed-lock child to pass on the dynasty. Expensive, but a consideration.
I want to get married, but I am perfectly content not getting married if I never meet someone seriously worthy of it. Divorce rates are so high because people get married too early, or in the case of girls, generally get married to the guy they are dating when they are ready to get married. It's like, okay, "I'm 25, it's time to get married, I guess you'll do." F that. Wait til it's actually right.
Quote by behind_you
Marriage is the beginning of the divorce IMO

Well...yeah. In the same way that life is the beginning of death

I could easily spend the rest of my life with the person I am with now. Happily. And I intend to, as far as I am aware they do too.

Marriage though? Possibly not for me. I've become closer to the idea recently, but I'm still not convinced. Although there's almost a patronising stigma against couples that go the distance without it.
There are way more fun ways of losing half your stuff.........
Quote by SlinkyBlue

The solution is simple and obvious.

We revolt against ourselves. Mass suicide. The ultimate revolution.
I've yet to find "the one" I want to spend the rest of my life with so no to marriage so far.

But I'm not going to let other people's failures affect my judgement of marriage.
Quote by rocknrollstar
I'm not religious so I don't see the point in it.

I don't think a girl taking my second name and both of us wearing a ring really proves anything.

there's a legal commitment that shows that you care

plus it saves you money in the long run, apparently.
I used to want to get married because it was almost expected of me, but now I'm not so sure. I just don't feel like I need a ring on my finger or an expensive wedding to prove to everyone that I made a commitment. Besides, if things don't work out, no divorce process either.
I hope to get married someday. Why not?
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I feel the marriage is not a natural act. Should I have children I would consider it as a symbolic way to "be together" until the children reach certain age (and also to avoid them being bastards if that way, spawn of an unmarried couple) yet I do not desire to have children either. I have no such ambition.
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
I would, yeah. I don't want to spend the rest of my life alone! That said the prospect of having kids :S you gotta wake up at six, bathe the kid, then it's poopy time, then it's the KID'S poopy time...

TS, is this true? Your pubes are really white?

...wanna hook up?
I like when people fault marriage as an institution for the failure rate of marriages. no blame seems to get placed on the spoiled, lazy, undisciplined, instant gratification culture. it's not our fault, it's that archaic institution's fault for not adapting to our increasingly selfish, individualistic and hedonistic lifestyle.
#DTWD
Quote by Philip_pepper
Aye. Maybe have an out of wed-lock child to pass on the dynasty. Expensive, but a consideration.

So a woman should be forced to raise your child alone just because you fear becoming a shell of your former self?
Quote by Tim the Rocker
I feel the marriage is not a natural act. Should I have children I would consider it as a symbolic way to "be together" until the children reach certain age (and also to avoid them being bastards if that way, spawn of an unmarried couple) yet I do not desire to have children either. I have no such ambition.

Ditto. Kids suck and cost money. Also the world is quite populated enough already.
I do, but I'd never do it until I found someone that I was sure I wanted to be with. I'm fine with waiting.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Yes, I would like to get married some day.

And yes, I've met plenty of very happy married couples.

Also, inb4, feminazis
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Dec 24, 2011,
Nope. I have no relationship with the christianity part of it, and even less so the governmental aspect. I also can't help finding the whole 'hurf now you're mine forever now u can't leave sez so on dis papr' very childish and not very love like.

Bottom line I think it's pointless at best, and stifling and choking for a relationship at worst. If you love someone you shouldn't want to force them to stay with you, symbolic or otherwise.
Last edited by Våd Hamster at Dec 24, 2011,
Quote by primusfan
I like when people fault marriage as an institution for the failure rate of marriages. no blame seems to get placed on the spoiled, lazy, undisciplined, instant gratification culture. it's not our fault, it's that archaic institution's fault for not adapting to our increasingly selfish, individualistic and hedonistic lifestyle.

Spot on.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Having children is one of the most manly things you can do, however, I dont want kids. Also, I want to marry TS so hard...
Quote by primusfan

+1
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I don't have anything against marriage. Maybe not a legally binding one, but I think a ceremony would be fun.
Quote by primusfan

+1000
Quote by WaterGod
So a woman should be forced to raise your child alone just because you fear becoming a shell of your former self?

Isn't alimony reward enough? She won't even have to make my dinner.

Quote by Duce180
Having children is one of the most manly things you can do, however, I dont want kids. Also, I want to marry TS so hard...

Only if you're rich. I ain't saying I'm a gold digger...
Last edited by Philip_pepper at Dec 24, 2011,
Quote by rickyj
there's a legal commitment that shows that you care

plus it saves you money in the long run, apparently.

People shouldn't need a legally-binding contract to prove their commitment. That's sad.

I don't see how money would be saved either.
Quote by Philip_pepper
Isn't alimony reward enough? She won't even have to make my dinner.

Page 1 of 4