So I recorded a demo a while back with Amplitube's Peavey and Mesa simulation, and i decided to mess with the tone. I heard God Cabs and Catharsis were popular to improve the tone so I tried to use these, but I'm not sure if I am using them correctly.

Basically in Logic Pro, I double click the amplitube insert, bypass the cabs in there, and load LaConvolver as another insert. I then load a couple of presets from both God Cabs or cathaersis.

Thing is, I think it sounds worse than Amplitube on its own?

Can anyone lend me a hand?

Also, I saw you could download a amp head sim with God Cabs, but the instructions only tell you how to load this in Axe FX. Is there anyway of loading this in Amplitube?

Help will be much appreciated!
Gibson Les Paul Classic 1960
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
how do you use that on a mac in logic?

Sorry I'm a complete noob at using sims, I literally only got my head round using mics.

Can i use .dll file in logic on a mac?
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
Get the Poulin LeCab, and have it as the last thing(best if just after the amp sim) in the effects chain, if it's before, then you are running a preamp signal into it, then running that into the amp head...it's like micing up your amp and running that miced signal into another amp and recording from the preamp out.
I don't know how to load VST's in logic. Would i have to move them out of my downloads folder?

I literally need a step by step guide if someone can spare the time. One I get all the knowledge of this shit, ima make some videos for noobs like myself to teach how to do this stuff, going through it as if they are an idiot, since i'm close to one too
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
im sorry but you are lazy as fu*k. There are literally thousands of websites about impulses and how to use them.
read them, don't understand them. Once I know this I'm making a youtube video thats idiot proof and loading it onto youtube and available for download
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
Quote by Fat g0r0T
im sorry but you are lazy as fu*k. There are literally thousands of websites about impulses and how to use them.

Wow, arrogant.
Theres always one guy trolling for unicorns. But yeah i have no experience with vsts in logic. i know you can use them normally in logic so i bought some plugin that converts Vst to AU, but i don't know where to go from here.

I just wanna make sure i'm doing it correctly and not just churning out shitty recordings, sims are a lot easier to set up than micing and setting up a half stack, will save me time on demos
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
can't use vsts in logic*
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
Quote by vivalaheerey
Theres always one guy trolling for unicorns. But yeah i have no experience with vsts in logic. i know you can use them normally in logic so i bought some plugin that converts Vst to AU, but i don't know where to go from here.

I just wanna make sure i'm doing it correctly and not just churning out shitty recordings, sims are a lot easier to set up than micing and setting up a half stack, will save me time on demos

Yeah, thats understandable, I record pretty much everything with sims. I use Cubase though so I can't really help unfortunatly :/.

Try some other impulses? GuitarHack's ones are really good. Also try KeyFir.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0nVsmoiEUk
Quote by vivalaheerey
can't use vsts in logic*

Get Reaper for your mac, that's prolly the easiest thing to learn on, since there are PLENTY of guides on how to set up for that, even have some set up guides in my sig that could help you if you used Reaper.

Once you get the hang of Reaper, start using Logic, and you'll have a greater basic understanding on how to use this stuff. Reaper is free btw, as long as you don't try to profit off of it.
Thanks a lot man, i appreciate it
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2