Hi people I got me a Fender Strat for christmas and I been playing it but now I noticed that every time I do an Em chord and run through the strings slowly I hear buzzing sounds on the 5th and 4th strings, not bad but I still kinda hear it

It's probably noob thing to ask but its my first guitar
Current Guitar:
- Epiphone PR-150 Acoustic Guitar
- Fender Squire Strat Electric Guitar
Last edited by Khriz134 at Dec 24, 2011,
Are you playing through an Amp, or you're hearing the buzz on the guitar itself...

It's not uncommon for the strings to buzz a little on an electric... if you can hear it through the amp, then it's too much...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Quote by Papabear505
Are you playing through an Amp, or you're hearing the buzz on the guitar itself...

It's not uncommon for the strings to buzz a little on an electric... if you can hear it through the amp, then it's too much...

I hear through the amp and what you mean by too much??
Current Guitar:
Quote by Khriz134
I hear through the amp and what you mean by too much??

Hearing a little buzz when it's unplugged is ok... Electric Guitar strings are thinner than Accoustic strings, so they don't need as much tension to produce the same notes... so they seem looser than Accoustic strings, and the stings are closer to the fret board than on an accoustic.. so.. they buzz.. All my electrics buzz a little bit...

If you're hearing the buzz through the Amplifier, its either the action is set up too low, or you have a high fret or two...

It wouldn't hurt to take it into a music store (preferably the one that it came from) and have it set up. Explain to the tech what its doing and he should be able to fix it pretty quick...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Last edited by Papabear505 at Dec 24, 2011,
Quote by Papabear505
Hearing a little buzz when it's unplugged is ok... Electric Guitar strings are thinner than Accoustic strings, so they don't need as much tension to produce the same notes...

If you're hearing the buzz through the Amplifier, its either the action is set up too low, or you have a high fret or two...

It wouldn't hurt to take it into a music store (preferably the one that it came from) and have it set up. Explain to the tech what its doing and he should be able to fix it pretty quick...

Problem with that is that guitar center is super far and got no car ride
Current Guitar:
Quote by Khriz134
Problem with that is that guitar center is super far and got no car ride

Sorry to hear that.. but.. setting up a guitar isn't something you should learn with no experience on an internet forum...

There are some video's on YouTube Search "Stratocaster Setup"

I would not recommend turning screws or making adustments on your own..
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Quote by Papabear505
Sorry to hear that.. but.. setting up a guitar isn't something you should learn with no experience on an internet forum...

There are some video's on YouTube Search "Stratocaster Setup"

I would not recommend turning screws or making adustments on your own..

I wouldn't dared to do it I won't run the chance of messing it up
Current Guitar: