So I'm getting an Ibanez RG321, which has a H-H config., and I'm goin to replace the pickups. I play metal like SOAD, Metallica, BFMV, and so on. I'm putting a Dimarzio PAF Pro on the neck, But I'm stuck between a Rockfield (Not sure which) or a Dimarzio Super 3 for the bridge.I'm also putting on a set of Ernie-ball skinny top, heavy bottoms.So which would be better, Super 3 or Rockfield? And if Rockfield, which model for the bridge.
DiMarzio. And, I feel like a Steve's special or something similar would be more fitting for that style of music. That's just me, though.
Forsooth! This knight once journeyed to ye Guitar Center and wielde'th'd a weapon from BC Rich that went by ye unassuming moniker Mockingbird. Outfitted with Rockfield pickups it 'twas: Rockfield Mafia!

This knight founde ye tone to be thick and well-suited for metallic riff'age! Whence this knight construct'eth an additional axe these pickups shall be given true considerations!

This post now concludeth!
WATCH YE TALES OF THIS VERY KNIGHT, AS TOLD IN YE ARTS OF CINEMA AND METAL:
> CLICK'ETH HERE <
I would go with the Rockfield Mafia. Lots of peeps use Dmarzio and Seymores.
Quote by danvwman

Never give anyone advice again.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by danvwman
I would go with th e Rockfield Mafia. Lots of peeps use Dmarzio and Seymores.

There's a reason for that
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by Ye Black Knight
Forsooth! This knight once journeyed to ye Guitar Center and wielde'th'd a weapon from BC Rich that went by ye unassuming moniker Mockingbird. Outfitted with Rockfield pickups it 'twas: Rockfield Mafia!

This knight founde ye tone to be thick and well-suited for metallic riff'age! Whence this knight construct'eth an additional axe these pickups shall be given true considerations!

you, silence

Quote by danvwman

you, leave this place
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Quote by Ye Black Knight

I love it when this guy shows up in threads
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
what issue do you guys have with Rockfield? I have a set that work wonderfull in the guitar they are in and I feel they are very good for the money.
I have 3 kids a house and an ex wife. I prefer to spend my money wisely and cannot afford $100s on a set of pickups. And I think it is nice that rockfield makes products that normal people can afford. If I had a ton of money to blow I would get some Bare knuckles.
Have any of you tards that are talkin crap ever used Rockfield pickups in any of your guitars?
I have have been playing for 30 years and have over 8 guitars all with different brands of pickups. The only reason so many use Dimarzio and Seymore are because they have been around for such a long time and pump tons of money into advertising. And people want to sound like their idols.
But if you are writing your own music why not have your own tone/sound? Thats why I choose other pickups, sure I have several sets of Seymore Duncan but you know what...I have a set of dragonfire screamers that sound way better than my sh6 set.
Serj have you considered seymore duncans sh8 invader? I have one at the bridge in my Schecter 006 elite. With the style of music you said you play that would be a good one too. Or why not go with a matched PAF set? unless you have 2 volume pots you may have issues playing live when you flip to the other pickup, it really sucks to switch pickups for a lead and nobody can hear you because the output level of the pickup is less than the other one or worse yet feedback from hell!
played a mockingbird st (the mid range one, about $600?)
had those mafia pickups. not bad, nothing special or crazy, but definitely good pickups.
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Thought I'd chime in here as I have a super3 in the bridge of my ESP. Its a seriously good sounding pickup for high gain stuff. Its got a nice mid boost in there to counter some of the more scoopy tones so your not lost in the mix and its got a nice balanced top end with just enough bottom to keep things tight and defined without getting wooly.

It really performs for high gain rhythm tones and has a nice lead voice however it does have too much output for cleans in its standard series wiring unless of course you like it that way. What is really nice is the parallel sound, it sounds like a very loud angry tele and this is magic for cleans to mid gain. Its seriously worth getting a push/pull to give the parallel option.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Quote by halikus
Thought I'd chime in here as I have a super3 in the bridge of my ESP. Its a seriously good sounding pickup for high gain stuff. Its got a nice mid boost in there to counter some of the more scoopy tones so your not lost in the mix and its got a nice balanced top end with just enough bottom to keep things tight and defined without getting wooly.

It really performs for high gain rhythm tones and has a nice lead voice however it does have too much output for cleans in its standard series wiring unless of course you like it that way. What is really nice is the parallel sound, it sounds like a very loud angry tele and this is magic for cleans to mid gain. Its seriously worth getting a push/pull to give the parallel option.

Does the ESP have a Floyd rose or a fixed bridge, I am curious? My next Big $ pick up was either going to be a Warren De Martini from Seymore Duncan or some Bare Knuckles.
The Guitar is a M-1 from '86, its got a vintage trem which I have setup flush and blcoked.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso