Is there a way to adjust the neck so that the action's a touch higher? I love my new guitar (with some thicker strings, it'll be almost perfect), but the action's so low that when I press on the strings, the strings are touching the next fret down, and I don't like the scratchy twang it makes. Minute truss rod adjustment perhaps?
Nope. Raise the bridge posts a wee bit to raise action.
What type of bridge is it? (please say before you try. )
Quote by StateFarmsThere
Nope. Raise the bridge posts a wee bit to raise action.
What type of bridge is it? (please say before you try. )

It's a tune-o-matic with string-thru body tail. I'd upload a picture of it, but I dunno how. It's on a Schecter Omen, so you could see it here to be sure of what I'm talking about if you weren't?

http://www.schecterguitars.com/International/Products/Guitar/Omen-7.aspx">schecter omen-7

There's a screw on each end of the bridge, would I just unscrew them a little so the bridge rises up? Am I able to do it with strings on or would I need to de-string it?
Just detune so the strings are a bit slack, then as you said raise each post the same amount. I'd go with a quarter-half turn then tune up and check if it still buzzes.
Quote by StateFarmsThere
Just detune so the strings are a bit slack, then as you said raise each post the same amount. I'd go with a quarter-half turn then tune up and check if it still buzzes.

Ok, cheers