pissed off at christmas? i come to the pit/UG in general for a giggle or two. all i see is depressing ass posts. everyone's drunk too, including me. am i the only happy drunk here? i wish i could brighten your day guys. i've come here for the last 5-ish years. it's the least i could do.
i am getting buzzed and i could go on about SAD and other similar lines of conversation but i wont. end transmission.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
well you see here in canada we demonstrate affection by talking huge amounts of shit to each other

it's the canadian way, and fuck you
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
It's a dark and lonely time in the northern hemisphere.

I was drunk and now I just have a headache, which makes me grumpy.

I'm sure my mood will gradually get better as the days get longer again; hopefully everyone else will be in the same boat then the Pit can live in harmony until it gets all dark and dingy for the Aussies.
damn, canadians have always been totally rad von kickass when i go there. i don't think you're really canadian.
I'm not drunk and I love Christmas.

In your face, unfounded statistics!
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I'm not pissed of at xmas, I just don't believe in it. If anything, I'm pissed off at all the people (including shops, TV stations and other organisations) who shove it down your throat by playing all the crappy christmas songs for weeks on end.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
you dont believe in Christmas? I guess you dont believe in your birthday either? Or everything else that requires no specific doctrine to either submit to or vehemently decline?

That makes no sense. Gary Billington is an old man name. I think you're the oldest **** in the pit.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

yeah... maybe it's because i'm with family. i usually can't stand marketing ploys that hide behind holidays. either way, that was hilarious, harvey.
hahahahah I'm pretty tipsy right now, I actually love Christmas, it's just that I'm drunk for most of it lolz
this is my signature, and it's purple in bold, you can't do anything about it.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Way to ruin the thread, which is exactly what a drunk Christmas hater would do.

Way to save the thread!

I'll bask in your admiration. For now.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by buddhacheese
yeah... maybe it's because i'm with family. i usually can't stand marketing ploys that hide behind holidays. either way, that was hilarious, harvey.

thanks. i can feel your gratitude in my plums.

Quote by Acϵ♠
you dont believe in Christmas? I guess you dont believe in your birthday either? Or everything else that requires no specific doctrine to either submit to or vehemently decline?

That makes no sense. Gary Billington is an old man name. I think you're the oldest **** in the pit.

My birthday is a fact. I was born on that day.

Christmas celebrates the birthday of a fictional character and therefore is not a fact. The date was chosen as it was previously the date of a Pagan festival and therefore many of the people who were converted to Christianity during the Dark Ages already recognised that date as a religious celebration.

Back in those days, religion was the only form of media available to the people and it generally provided an answer to a lot of questions that have now been answered by science. As science has disproved a lot of the answers religion provided, there is no longer a need to celebrate religion.
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington

Christmas celebrates the birthday of a fictional character and therefore is not a fact. The date was chosen as it was previously the date of a Pagan festival and therefore many of the people who were converted to Christianity during the Dark Ages already recognised that date as a religious celebration.

Back in those days, religion was the only form of media available to the people and it generally provided an answer to a lot of questions that have now been answered by science. As science has disproved a lot of the answers religion provided, there is no longer a need to celebrate religion.

lol, I didn't even finish reading this post, that's how full of faggotry it is.

Christmas is a nice time regardless. I drank beers with my dad & uncle & cousins tonight, it was sweet. Grow up, dude.
Quote by GaryBillington

Jesus was written about by several other notable historians (Josephus, Titus) only a few years after his death. It's one thing to not believe he's the Son of God, but Jesus Christ the man was very real indeed. BUT YOU'RE AN ATHEIST SO NOTHING IS ACCEPTABLE EXCEPT YOUR VIEWS AND FUCK THE DOUBLE STANDARD amirite

basically, shut up
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

yeah i don't think most people who celebrate christmas give two shits about jesus. it's just a happy time to take a break from nonsense and get a clear head. even if they did, it doesn't affect how i am this time of year. it's just happy happy winter time, with a break from school/work for me. i guess i just don't get how people could be so irritable when it's vacation!
Quote by buddhacheese
yeah i don't think most people who celebrate christmas give two shits about jesus. it's just a happy time to take a break from nonsense and get a clear head. even if they did, it doesn't affect how i am this time of year. it's just happy happy winter time, with a break from school/work for me. i guess i just don't get how people could be so irritable when it's vacation!

i beg to differ. dont they call it x-mas?

Quote by GaryBillington

How many people do you actually know, that nowadays celebrate Christmas because Jesus was born on that day? It's just a week off, to spend time with your family and friends, relax, and/or get drunk. However, if you want to get all snobby with the "I don't believe in Christmas cuz it's fake" thing, then be my guest. You'll just look a bit ridiculous in the process. Meanwhile, most sane people will be having lots of fun, without worrying about the meaning of Christmas.
Last edited by Shinami at Dec 25, 2011,
it does have christ in the name, but i HAVE to assume that most people think santa, presents, and trees when the word christmas is spoken, and not jesus. i dunno... i'm probably wrong. i mean, christmas starts in like september now lol. family traditions! watching christmas vacation! a christmas story! classic movies!

edit: word up shinami.
Quote by buddhacheese
it does have christ in the name, but i HAVE to assume that most people think santa, presents, and trees when the word christmas is spoken, and not jesus. i dunno... i'm probably wrong. i mean, christmas starts in like september now lol. family traditions! watching christmas vacation! a christmas story! classic movies!

edit: word up shinami.

yeah i agree with the fact that lots of people never consider religion to be a part of christmas.(they never mentioned Jesus in Nightmare Before Christmas) but i also believe that there are those who take Christmas as an open invitation to convert everyone they have contact with to Christianity.

listen to me! i sound like an atheist!

Quote by Acϵ♠
Jesus was written about by several other notable historians (Josephus, Titus) only a few years after his death. It's one thing to not believe he's the Son of God, but Jesus Christ the man was very real indeed. BUT YOU'RE AN ATHEIST SO NOTHING IS ACCEPTABLE EXCEPT YOUR VIEWS AND FUCK THE DOUBLE STANDARD amirite

basically, shut up

I never said there wasn't a person called Jesus who did some good things in his time, but that's no reason to create a religion about him with all the myths and legends that go with it. Lots of other people do just as much for humanity every day.

Yes, he should be mentioned as a part of cultural history, but no more so than 1,000s of other significant people.

EDIT - just to clarify, the bible references Jesus as a fictional character in it's story, the historical work references Jesus as an actual person.
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Last edited by GaryBillington at Dec 25, 2011,
well **** those people. they're probably either really old or really lonely. typically those are the people who think their opinions are higher than others. and don't let them ruin your good time. then the terrorists win.
I like christmas.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Quote by ProphetToJables
I like christmas.

i like the tinman
Alright, you guys do realize that all of Christmas outside of the birth of Jesus is Pagan, right? The tree, the gifts, the decorations; all of that.

It's not Catholic. At all. And Santa Claus was actually a villain that terrorized small villages with his 'elves,' that led children out of their homes and whipped them with chains and implements. Just thought I'd put that out there. Look it up.

Anyway, you're arguing for no reason. Have a cup of egg nog and a smile.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Last edited by strat0blaster at Dec 25, 2011,
You know it's christmas when the pit are arguing about religion
Last edited by Duffman123 at Dec 25, 2011,
Quote by GaryBillington
I'm not pissed of at xmas, I just don't believe in it. If anything, I'm pissed off at all the people (including shops, TV stations and other organisations) who shove it down your throat by playing all the crappy christmas songs for weeks on end.

This.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"