Hi, I have had a very annoying problem recently, My guitar has an annoying buzzing when played though the amp (its on clean and overdrive channels), Its not the lead, as i got a new lead, I recently moved my amp upstairs (could this affect it?), The Buzzing/hiss gets worse when I change the pickup anywhere but bridge. Whats the problem its very annoying?
Thanks
Quote by Poisonouspot
Hi, I have had a very annoying problem recently, My guitar has an annoying buzzing when played though the amp (its on clean and overdrive channels), Its not the lead, as i got a new lead, I recently moved my amp upstairs (could this affect it?), The Buzzing/hiss gets worse when I change the pickup anywhere but bridge. Whats the problem its very annoying?
Thanks

Does the "New Room" have florescent lights? I had a heck of a time in my garage.. It was the lights...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
If its an hss setup thats pretty normal, might be louder with more electricsl interference in your new location. If its hh/ hsh/ hhh its likely a wiring problem. I would first investigate the wiring of your switch (and if the contacts are still good), then keep eliminating other possible problem spots.