Merry Christmas!

I'm going to get a new amp soon, and I currently own a Line 6 Spider IV (30 watt), which I don't really like, and a Marshall MG15 CDR, which I like more than the Line 6, but I need to upgrade.

I'd like to get a tube amp if possible, or at least a valvestate-like amp. My top-end budget is around the £260-£300 mark (around $400 to $470). I'd like to have an amp which is capable of giving a tone similar to that of Led Zeppelin. I was thinking of getting a Vox VT40+ (or VT80+), but should I be concerned about the hissing and "snare" noises people have reported?

At the moment, I have a Gibson Les Paul Junior (which I love), but would probably like to get another Les Paul at some point, but a studio or standard. Pedal-wise, have a Boss ME-70, and OCD pedal and an Ibanez Tube Screamer pedal (planning ahead for a tube amp).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Henry
Last edited by HenryB at Dec 27, 2011,
Does anyone have any ideas? I could probably go up to £350 (~$540) if it is a good amp.

Thanks!
jet city is definitely where u should be at bro. u could get lots of great tone for that kinda money with the jet city. especially with ur assortment of pedals
I haven't heard of Jet City, though the reviews look very promising. What one of their amps do you recommend?

Thanks!
one thing ive realized is guitar sucks for tube amps. all they have is the little vox and marshall class 5.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Marshall Class 5, Blackheart amps, Peavey Vypyr 60, Jet City amps, Bugera V22 - I'd start with those.

the only thing that sucks is you cant try out most of them.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A