So I'll be making a few pretty important threads today which will heavily influence my desicions on what I'll be buying in the next few months so get ready, set, GOOO!

My first question - is a Vox AC30C2 (30 watts) loud enough for gigs without being mic'd up (and still has a bit of headroom left/not much break up?

What exactly does uses a patch cable to connect the two channels do?

How much of a bother is it to unplug and then replug the guitar cable to switch from normal to top boost?

Thanks in advance.
Yes
Specifically I dont know, it bridges the channels and drives one of them more?

And you will be making only one thread. There is no reason to make threads for every idea that you have.
Quote by Sputnik1
Yes
Specifically I dont know, it bridges the channels and drives one of them more?

And you will be making only one thread. There is no reason to make threads for every idea that you have.

What I'm thinking of buying and making threads about isn't related.
the cc2 has 4 inputs, using the a/b box allows you to switch channels. This allows you to vary your sound a bit between the two channels. Each channel has a high and low input. Basically you could have a more chimey clean sound on your normal channel and then have an overdrive tone on the top boost. The master volume would allow for them to be around the similar volume.

The AC30 is very loud you will have no problem gigging with it.
I'm sure you'd get annoyed switching the cable quite often so invest in an a/b/y box. the blending of the channels could prove to be interesting as well.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
It'll definitely be loud enough. Might not stay super clean for any decent sized venues though.
Quote by Strats&Cats
It'll definitely be loud enough. Might not stay super clean for any decent sized venues though.

The size of the venue is totally irrelevant. It will keep up with a drummer - that's the important part.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
The size of the venue is totally irrelevant. It will keep up with a drummer - that's the important part.

The volume isn't the issue, yes it's loud enough. However, it may not have enough headroom to keep up with a drummer and stay clean.