Alright so my band needs a pa and im the only one whose gonna step up and buy one. im kinda pissed that i have to pay for it but imma get money out them eventually.

Also idk where the hell to post about a PA this seemed most fitting.

So im not trying to spend alot on a PA snice im the guitarist and im not excatly stacked with cash. But heres what im looking at i got about 200 dollars, and im looking at the phonic powerpod 410/s710, http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/phonic-powerpod-410-s710-pa-package/630485000000000, that.

So will do for our first PA? im not sure if it'll keep up with the amps and drums and such, snice we need it for shows. If not this then what? should i gather up some more money first? or what, suggestions, comments. Thanks in advance
-Peavey 6505+
-Bugera 333xl(w/6l6 pt's) -dead
-412 X-pattern loaded w/ WGS veteran30s & HM75s
-Gibson Les Paul, SD Blackouts *being worked on back to stock*
-Jackson DR7, EMGs
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w
Quote by OurRequiem
Alright so my band needs a pa and im the only one whose gonna step up and buy one. im kinda pissed that i have to pay for it but imma get money out them eventually.

Also idk where the hell to post about a PA this seemed most fitting.

So im not trying to spend alot on a PA snice im the guitarist and im not excatly stacked with cash. But heres what im looking at i got about 200 dollars, and im looking at the phonic powerpod 410/s710, http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/phonic-powerpod-410-s710-pa-package/630485000000000, that.

So will do for our first PA? im not sure if it'll keep up with the amps and drums and such, snice we need it for shows. If not this then what? should i gather up some more money first? or what, suggestions, comments. Thanks in advance

It probably won't be loud enough to get what you want, but it might do what you need...
Have you looked at Crag's list? I know in my area, churches are always upgrading their equipment and I've found some prety good deals out there...
And... I know what you mean.. I'm the guitarist... and I own the PA gear... LOL
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Yeah right? everyone else is too broke to help, im the only one with a job lol, i mean i know its ghetto, but all it needs to do is get the vocals loud enough to hear while everyone else is playing. I dont know i know we can always upgrade later, but the thing is i have a gift certificate for the 200, i dont really want to spend my money you know? i got other things to pay for and what not.
-Peavey 6505+
-Jackson DR7, EMGs
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w
No comments on the PA itself, but look at it this way: If this band breaks up, you'll still have the PA and that will make you a lot more desirable to other bands looking to start up because the chances are they won't have one, so they'll need to give you the job
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
If it's for vocals only, then yeah, that will do just fine, but if you want to pump guitars through it, you need 2, 1x15's at least.

Here's what I'd do if you want a good reliable first time PA system.

Power amp: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/peavey-ipr-1600-power-amp?condition=used#used

Mixer board: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/yamaha-mg102c-10-input-stereo-mixer-with-compression

1x15 speakers(get 2): http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/kustom-kpc15-15-pa-speaker-cabinet-with-horn/600816000000000

Floor monitor(get at least 2): http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/peavey-pv-12m-12-floor-monitor/601420007000015?condition=used#used

3 pack of mics and mic stands: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/shure-pg48-3-pack-mic-and-stand-kit/600333000000000

8 channel snake: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/av-link-49-8-channel-xlr-female-xlr-male-stage-snake/339003000000925

That would total around $700 but be a very solid setup.

Here's a package that would do better if you can't afford a bigger set up.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/peavey-pv14--kustom-kpc15p-pa-package/360878000000000

PA systems are not cheap, so don't buy the cheap ones or that is exactly what you will get, is a cheap PA system that you will not like.
Yeah i mean i wish i could spend like 700 even if i could do 400 but i really cant. like i said im kind of limited to a 200 gift card, i might just buy some shit for myself, but i was just tryn to look out for the band since im that guy. lol. Im already talking to some of the other member about pitching in some money but then id have to do half gift card half my debit card prolly.
If anything they wont come up with more than 200 dollars. So if i move the budget up to 400 does that help? and remember only half of its cash. im in a little bit of a pickle aha.
-Peavey 6505+
-Jackson DR7, EMGs
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w
Well, the one you listed will do vocals at a small gig just fine, it's just that 100 watt amp will start to distort the vocals if you push it, and those kind tend to actually overheat and shut off when being pushed for a long time, so you should get a small fan to put on top of it to keep it cool.

I have a 4 channel mic amp like that one, cept mines an AudioChoice QM4, and it overheats, so I assume that'll do the same.

If you could upgrade the amp and mic it would be alot better, you might be fine for vocals with those 1x10's.
Quote by GaryBillington
No comments on the PA itself, but look at it this way: If this band breaks up, you'll still have the PA and that will make you a lot more desirable to other bands looking to start up because the chances are they won't have one, so they'll need to give you the job

ya just ask david lee roth
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
From my experience, for a loud rock band, you need 600 watts for vocals.
More if you're putting other stuff through it.
I'd save up and get some Mackie SRM450's. Pretty standard, and can cope with most things.
I went a bit mad, and got a pair of JBL PRX 625's, but they're a lot of money, and overkill for most pub applications. They do sound incredible though.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Alright so it'll be able to do vocals while we practice then, and it will handle small shows, but i should find a way to try and keep it cool? Basically what ive been gathering is that it will get us by untill we get a better amp, ive heard that the speakers make for good monitors later on down the road too. Its better than not having a PA at all the way i see it
-Peavey 6505+
-Jackson DR7, EMGs
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w
OR

now that ive been searching deeper within musicians friend i found this http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/phonic-powerpod-780--s715-pa-package

Reviews are pretty good. People say they can run a band through this one, but its only got 200w so idk would it get the job done at small-mid size show? if we ran the band through it?
-Peavey 6505+
-Jackson DR7, EMGs
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w
You will not capably put a band through that. i once did a dep using a starter 300 watt Yamaha PA package, and it was distorting horribly at quite low levels.

Don't skimp on this one. Save up and look second hand. A 200 watt PA with two 12 inch drivers is going to be a waste of money.
Best of luck.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Our band has played gigs (wedding reception, parties) using a mixer (Behringer 1202fx), Pyle PTA1000 amp, and Seismic Audio 10" monitors. The speakers are a little underpowered for the amp, but work fine. I just treat them kindly and don't let idiot singers make the red LED's come on. We've ran guitars into the mixer as well, but try to NOT run bass into the mixer. The above gear list is around $360-ish.

You do not need a big setup just to run vocals.

Personally, I like to get individual components (mixer, amp, speakers) so that they are easier to replace or upgrade without having to replace extra ($$$) stuff. This is the case with powered mixers or active speakers.

As previously mentioned, if you get something modest to start with, you can always start using it as a monitor PA as your gear grows.
ok so the other guitarist got a 8 input behringer mixer, its not powered but it was a nice suprise. but all he go was the mixer so im looking at some powered speakers cabs now and ive been taking all ur advice into consideration and ive come to the conclusion that 2 of thesehttp://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/kustom-kpc15p-15-powered-pa-speaker/485595000000000 would do great. what do you guys think? am i gonna need more. i figure snice thier 15s they should do pretty good, good reviews on them the only downside is the lack of eq. but whatever, first step up.
-Peavey 6505+
-Jackson DR7, EMGs
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w
+1 to whoever said you would be considered a more desirable having a PA, to a point of course.

honestly i would never buy something to split amongst the band. people get pissed off, some will be unhappy with the result, i haven't seen too many bands (or that i have left anyway) separate peacefully. if it is your and yours only, you pack it up. if it is split between four of you, its not as easy to remedy the situation.

go used. i see so much PA gear on CL around here, its like people are dumping it. pick up a pair of speakers here from this guy, than oh this guy had an affordable mixer, buy that from him, etc.

on a budget you have to mix and match sometime, but you will go farther with your dollar on the used market (like any market) but from what is going on here even more so.

i am trying to get a PA system up once i get some other stuff taken care of. i have part of it, but still need a lot of stuff.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by jimbob78
From my experience, for a loud rock band, you need 600 watts for vocals.
More if you're putting other stuff through it.
I'd save up and get some Mackie SRM450's. Pretty standard, and can cope with most things.
I went a bit mad, and got a pair of JBL PRX 625's, but they're a lot of money, and overkill for most pub applications. They do sound incredible though.

I filled some pretty big halls with a 200W per side PA without ever needing to push the amp anywhere near clipping. I always mike up the guitars and kick drum too.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
so will the set up im thinkin if work for small to med gigs er what. i cant go used i have a gift card and some cash. err what..
-Peavey 6505+
-Jackson DR7, EMGs
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w
I wouldn't like to commit myself to an opinion on it. I know nothing about that particular system. It may work but it might also be an underpowered piece of crap with inefficient speakers. I long ago stopped paying attention to power ratings on amplifiers, they are more often than not a total pack of lies.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification