Hey, me and the other guitarist of my band are probaby gonna go 50/50 to buy a mesa 412 for our practice space to leave there so we only have to bring our peavey amp heads to practice.

Were aure this will work out fone for practice, but how would it work for shows/live?

Wed be running a 3120 and a 6534+ into the mesa 412 in stereo, would it work out fine for shows or would seperate 212s work better?
I've actually thought about doing that once, just for kicks...I don't see a problem with it, as long as each stereo side can handle the wattage of each amp, I see no problem, and it might work well. May not get a very wide sound between the two guitars, but it would work.
Yea like ive done all the nicaly spec thinking in my head and itll work, and were both cool with paying for 50% of it but im not sure how itd sound in the band mix and if wed still have that good separation of guitar sounds/tones
Im sure you get get two decent cabs for half the price of a Mesa could you not?
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Quote by Seanthesheep
Yea like ive done all the nicaly spec thinking in my head and itll work, and were both cool with paying for 50% of it but im not sure how itd sound in the band mix and if wed still have that good separation of guitar sounds/tones

I would think the frequencies would clash with each other and cause it to be muddy, since the cab is not set up like two separate 2x12's in a 4x12(separated internally), it's all 4 are open to the same space.

I'd try to go for two decent 2x12's, just seems easier.
Well were both going to own seperate 212s regardless, just having a single 412 at the practice space would make life ALOT easier.

And if it wont work well, why do they make stereo 412s?
They make stereo 4x12's for amps that operate in stereo, like a Roland Jazz Chorus, it uses two speakers in a stereo field to create that famous tone. It just gives the tone a bit more of a wide sound, well, at least it's supposed to, I've really never heard the difference.

I think alot of people use it using two amps, but only one guitar going through both amps, so you wont have a clash of two different guitars playing different things. So instead of clashing, it mixes.
Quote by ethan_hanus
They make stereo 4x12's for amps that operate in stereo, like a Roland Jazz Chorus, it uses two speakers in a stereo field to create that famous tone. It just gives the tone a bit more of a wide sound, well, at least it's supposed to, I've really never heard the difference.

I think alot of people use it using two amps, but only one guitar going through both amps, so you wont have a clash of two different guitars playing different things. So instead of clashing, it mixes.

Valid points i guess, also realized about stereo poweramps

If its just a matter of having that divided enclosure then ill hang onto my current 412, replace the speakers and rewire for stereo so you have divided enclosures for each side (i know that may not make too much sense)

But would it really clash? Like i really find it hard to believe, ill try to get somewhere to try it out but it wont be for a while :/