Hi, all!

Basically, I'm looking for a drive/dist. pedal to use with my Laney VC30. I'm only going to be using the amps clean channel, so I need something to provide my main dirt.

Whilst I'm looking for some heavy tones, I'm really wanting versatility. I've been mainly looking at the Blackstar HT-Dual, which I'm liking. But there may be something I've missed- another product I should know about!

Sound wise, I'm loving the heavier tones that some bands seem to get out of the JCM 800- Underoath, Thrice etc. But recently I've been writing alot of stuff that needs less saturation and more "crunch" and definition. I've been really liking more vintage-voiced tones like the Dandy Warhols, Brand New, The Horrors, Fugazi Smashing Pumpkins etc. Again, the JCM 800 seems to be the amp of choice for some of these sounds.

So, any advice or reccomendations? Using an SG with Swineshead Warthog/Condor (kinda JB/59) setup.

Wow, let's start the list:

EHX English Muff'n
Vox Cooltron Bulldog Distortion
Seymour Duncan SFX-03 Twin-Tube Classic
Wampler SLOstortion

All of them are awesome pedals, and all except the wampler pedal are tube pedals. But the wampler is great and will give you a heavier distortion. It Is based on the Famous Soldano SUPER LEAD OVERDRIVE circuitry and is a very modern, American sounding distortion pedal. The rest are British sounding pedal (think hi-gain Marshall's - even the Vox pedal is to high-gain to be a vox) but they clean up really nicely, especially the EHX.
Quote by itamar100
Wow, let's start the list:

EHX English Muff'n
Vox Cooltron Bulldog Distortion
Seymour Duncan SFX-03 Twin-Tube Classic
Wampler SLOstortion

All of them are awesome pedals, and all except the wampler pedal are tube pedals. But the wampler is great and will give you a heavier distortion. It Is based on the Famous Soldano SUPER LEAD OVERDRIVE circuitry and is a very modern, American sounding distortion pedal. The rest are British sounding pedal (think hi-gain Marshall's - even the Vox pedal is to high-gain to be a vox) but they clean up really nicely, especially the EHX.

The EHX sounds great to me, but I fear I'd need some higher-gain choices as well! The Wampler is a bit pricey...