Ok, so Merry Christmas and all that jazz...
I got a drum set for Christmas, I am wondering what are some easy songs to play drum to? I can already play a few Beatles songs. NO, I do not want to learn basic rhythms, I can read music perfectly fine (8yrs violin, 7 guitar, 5 viola, 4 cello, piano and bass. I can play basic rhythms and stuff like that. Oh yeah, 5 piece set w/ cowbell. (More cowbell) Anyways, thanks in advance.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Maybe I just read the post wrong - You want an easy song, that isn't basic?! What.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
I don't mind if it is an easy song, I just don't want to work on rhythm exercises. Sorry if I was unclear.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
White Stripes songs are easy to play. I play stuff like The Hives, Bee Gees, and stuff like The Strokes if I just wanna sit down and play. What are you into?
Click here

I'm into The Who, Floyd, Zeppelin, Boston, BTO, Rush...stuff like that. Most of it is way to complicated for me yet.
Quote by JD Close
Ah, I see. Before too long those songs will be easy enough. I learned more on drums by not just playing the stuff I liked but everything. You pick a lot of things from everywhere and eventually you can bring them back to where your roots lie.
Click here

AC/DC, some Guns N' Roses, White Stripes, some Green Day, Judas Priest, some Motley Crue, some Nirvana, and some Scorpions. Got my kit for Christmas, too, and I can play some of this already. Good luck
AC/DC Back in Black, or any AC/DC song lol. They have the easiest drums ever. Or the Ramones if you want simple beats to work on your speed.
Guitars: Epiphone Slash AFD Les Paul, Schecter Omen-6, and Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Amp: Jet City JCA20H with JCA12s cab
Pedalboard: Crybaby Classic, Boss DS-1, Korg Multi FX, BBE Boosta Grande, Rocktron HUSH Pedal. ProCo Rat.
Wipeout - Gary Hoey version? heh! nah Umm... all the drummers I've ever known say Metallica - For Whom the Bell Tolls is the easiest metal song on drums.. the basic heavy so to speak. My youngest son got Drums for Christmas (Pearl, Export Series) as well.. before this kit he had the Alesis DM6 kit with the Trans-active drummer amp/ipod doc.Anyway rambling now... hope this may help ya.
Quote by Punkrokkboi
AC/DC Back in Black, or any AC/DC song lol. They have the easiest drums ever. Or the Ramones if you want simple beats to work on your speed.

I was just about to post the same thing about AC/DC. I think Thunderstruck is an easy song. For Whom The Bell Tolls by Metallica is an easy one too. First one I learned.