So, recently, I got a Jackson Rhoads RRXMG X-Series, and I absolutely love it. It really is great all around.

However, I was looking for another guitar, because (long story) my dad owes me one.

So, I was trying to decide what to go after next.

The stuff I play/write is in the vein of Bullet for my Valentine and Metallica, being as those are my 2 biggest influences.

I was thinking of either getting another Jackson, a Rhoads RR24XT Link

a Jackson KVXT: link number 2

Or, should I go and try another brand out? I was thinking BC Rich... I haven't had much experience with them, and I've heard that their quality can be "meh" I was thinking of a JR V, or waiting for the Matt Tuck Signature to be released after NAMM.
bc rich link

As you can see with most of these guitars (with the exception of the Matt Tuck Signature, which I'm assuming will be $1000-$1200, like his Jackson) are from mid price range, my budget's 500-800, maybe more, depending, and every place that I can get these guitars sells them for that price range.

So, I would greatly appreciate any input on what I should get for my next guitar.
jackson>bc rich get a jackson rr24. i have it and it wrecks my face. its just a tad more expensive than ur range
Agile Septor Elite 727
Peavey 6505+
What do you want from this new guitar exactly? What is it that a new guitar could do that your current guitar can't?
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
My friend just got the rr24xt and he loves it.And the rr is a lot more comfortable than the king v shape.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What do you want from this new guitar exactly? What is it that a new guitar could do that your current guitar can't?

well, My RRXMG has a Floyd Rose, and while I have some experience with them, I am uncomfortable with tuning it to drop c at the moment, so I would like to have the ability to have a guitar that I keep in Drop C and one guitar that I keep in standard/drop d.

Also, it helps me, at least, so that I can have a few guitars that do different things, so that's also a factor.
Block the trem off and save yourself $700?

You won't be able to use the trem but if you're tuning up and down like that, blocking the trem off is the best option imho.

It gives you the ability to mod the crap out of your current guitar too.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Dec 25, 2011,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Block the trem off and save yourself $700?

It gives you the ability to mod the crap out of your current guitar.

I'm sorry, what do you mean by "block the trem off"?
No offence, but you say you have experience with trems but don't know what blocking one involves?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkj8p4Z3Rjg
Quote by TheSennaj