im trying to get a huge bass sound and was just wondering what amps, effects, etc. my fellow bassists would suggest.
Quote by dbass303
im trying to get a huge bass sound and was just wondering what amps, effects, etc. my fellow bassists would suggest.

Do you have a youtube link to a song with a similar sound/tone?
Huge bass sound can be abit vague.
Quote by thunderbritches
I would still call him a regular musician...just a very irregular person lol

Warwick Pro Series Corvette
Hartke HA 3500
Genz Benz LS410
Huge? Octave and chorus and no treble/mids no "tone". That's a pure, huge bass sound. Or get a double bass.
Quote by Tyson2011
when in doubt, adjust the truss rod.

Sfedf the First ...
or should it be the insane?
You're really kinda vague, if you mean a really low, bass-y sound then this.

Quote by sfedf1
Huge? Octave and chorus and no treble/mids no "tone". That's a pure, huge bass sound.

And as big a speaker as you can get, no less than a 15", preferably 18" or 20".
Do what I do/did a 200+ watts (need headroom) couple 15's, P bass and flat wounds. apply low mid boost (I usually go all the way to 10), flat or drop some treble 9-12, high mids at 12-3, and lows 12-3 as well. It's not a dub sound, but great for a really pounding sound that isn't clanky and modern.

Chorus and octaves work nice too, but small speakers and few of them give poor speaker distortion if you over do it with the lows.
I run two eighteens through 300 watts. Plenty of bass boost mids and treble flat. Bass wears flats and no treble. Have to tie down amp the thing moves so much. Also trying a detuned bass running BEAD tuning, sloppy flats. Chest thumping.
Cheers
Quote by leftieray
I run two eighteens through 300 watts. Plenty of bass boost mids and treble flat. Bass wears flats and no treble. Have to tie down amp the thing moves so much. Also trying a detuned bass running BEAD tuning, sloppy flats. Chest thumping.
Cheers

Ooh what amp and cabs and bass?
I run a australian made 300 watt Labsystem and a 55 tribute made by Seattle luthier Regenerate Guitar Works and the bead bass is a 1970's ibanez eb3 tricked up as a fretless.
My car has a huge bass sound, 2000w amp etc. sounds amazing for dubstep and sub drops.

Help us help you with this please.
Ampeg SVT-3pro and SVT 8x10 cab. EBMM Stingray.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Ampeg SVT-3pro and SVT 8x10 cab. EBMM Stingray.

Or, if you don't like the size of the 8x10, a 4x10 and a 1x15. I just finished my set up yesterday and it sounds great like that.
definitely get a Gibson/Epiphone Thunderbird or EB-0, 2, 3. And for speakers nothing under 15''. Perhaps an EQ pedal or rack mount.
Quote by askrere
I think this guy isn't coming back to check this thread...

he must have been trolling...
Quote by thunderbritches
I would still call him a regular musician...just a very irregular person lol

Warwick Pro Series Corvette
Hartke HA 3500
Genz Benz LS410
+1 to octave and chorus pedals!

A good friend of mine has a 'Bassy' setup... (it's a doom band)...

Bass:
Ibanez SR505 tuned ADADG

Amps:
Sunn 2000s
Sunn Colliseum
Sunn Concert Keyboard

Cabs:
Sunn 2x15
Sunn 2x15
Acoustic 4x15
Peavey 2x15
Peavey 2x15

Pedals:
Octave, chorus, distortion, fuzz, overdrive, delay, phaser

That's made about the "hugest bass" sound i've ever heard.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."