any thoughts?? i know they have a carbon fibre series too and im really only looking for a 30-50 watt amp. I play mostly metal and they're about my price range (200-450CDN). I can go test them out but its a bit of a drive. Im kinda bias towards marshall but am open to other decent ideas as well.

Thanks so much
Always Rock!
Vypyr 30.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
ive heard they're pretty fragile. i can get over that tho. Are they actually good for metal tho?? I feel like id be paying for alot of modeling stuff im never gunna use
Always Rock!
They'll kick an MG's arse all the way to hell and back.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
are my distortion pedal and wah pedal even necessary with a vypyr? i know they have auto wah and stuff like that so will it defeat the purpose of having pedals?
Always Rock!
one of the worst amps i have ever played on.
Im guessing your a beginner at guitar, so i could reccomend a line 6 over a Marshall MG. >.>
Or if you wanna spend a good amount of money... go for randall
Can't really stand the sound of a Line6 amp much. If you dont get the MG go with the Peavy Vyper for sure. Its a great amp.
im not really a beginer, im just going to school and my current amp is way to big to lug around and i have no money as a student :/ but again, does the vypyr defeat the purpose of my pedals or will the pedals still add a nice effect?
Always Rock!
Pedals still work fairly well on a Vyper, unlike most other modellers. Probably because they have an analog front end.

Forget MG and Spider. Take both of those off your list permanently.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
The pedals will still add a nice effect. The Vypyr has a ton of effects, but the pedals will probably sound better. (or maybe not, the Vypyr is a pretty nice amp). But yeah, I'd highly recommend the Vypyr.
Quote by s12k17
im not really a beginer, im just going to school and my current amp is way to big to lug around and i have no money as a student :/ but again, does the vypyr defeat the purpose of my pedals or will the pedals still add a nice effect?

Just because the amp has "Auto Wah" doesn't mean that you have to use it.

I have a Peavey Windsor, that has pretty wicked distortion... but it's a one channel amp, and I need both cleans and distortion, so I run the amp clean, and get my distortion from a pedal.
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Quote by Papabear505
I have a Peavey Windsor, that has pretty wicked distortion... but it's a one channel amp, and I need both cleans and distortion, so I run the amp clean, and get my distortion from a pedal.

Here's your clean channel:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Electro-Harmonix-Nano-Signal-Pad-Attenuator-Guitar-Effects-Pedal-105292874-i1438606.gc
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification