Ive done a lot of research on both. Peavey vypyr, 75w 1x12, has the "models" i need. I like the versatility, the effects, the options. All for $250. Meanwhile the Randall Rg200D2 has 2x12, 200W, and not a lot of fancy effects but overdrive and reverb. Only 2 channels. And for $420. I feel like the vypyr will do all the things i want it to and be good for both practice and small gigs, whereas the randall can be bigger and louder for shows. But for twice as much money, its a bit overkill seeing as im a high school junior not in a band and with few shows to play and going off to college in a year and a half. But, having bought an Ibanez RG last year, and entering my third year of playing, I think Im ready for a big boy amp ( i never had a good amp yet). What would be the best choice?
Last edited by satinsoven at Dec 26, 2011,
Neither. Both amps are pretty much garbage. Look at the Vyper tube 60w. It'll get a nice heavy sound (which I'm assuming your after) and do a bit of everything else.
Quote by Strats&Cats
Neither. Both amps are pretty much garbage. Look at the Vyper tube 60w. It'll get a nice heavy sound (which I'm assuming your after) and do a bit of everything else.

+1
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
personally i prefer simplicity with a better sound...you can always get some effects. plus you wont really use all of the effects to make the loss in tone worth it
I lilkesimple rigs too. Modeling amps are not my cup of tea.

But if you need effects and can't afford the boxes AND amp, the Vyper w/tubes is the way to go. Awesome metal tonez dude.

Other nice tones as well.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by ticktockboom
So what exactly is your budget?

I have the money for the randall, i Just don't know if its worth spending it on. and are they really both garbage? Cuz that's discouraging...