Hey guys, I need some advice on an epiphone les paul. I plan on getting one pretty soon, as Im saving every check I get for it. My budget is around 500-600 $

Will I be able to get a GOOD sounding quality les paul from epiphone for that price?
I play on A Schecter Omen-6 right now, and its beastly. Thanks for any advice fellas!
if you get a used one you'll be able to get a top of the line epi for that price range. I have a les paul custom that i got used for 350$

just don't get a special II, or 100 and you're going to get a decent guitar. make sure you try it first, new or used, because sometimes they'll come out of the factory with some imperfections.
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
I have an epiphone les paul studio that was about $400 and I like it. The stock pickups aren't the best but if you have extra money replacing the pickups would make it sound even better.
On a related note how are the Epiphone Les Paul Ultra series? The acoustic pickup is very intriguing...
Cheap wood, cheap junk hardware and a bolt on neck.

TS: Buy an epi lp standard plus top, still have $ for new pickups, gibson pots and more $$ for joints.
This sounds dumb, but is there a difference between the LP Standard Plus Top and Plain Top besides the finish? The Plain Top is less expensive.
I see the Epiphone Standard Plus Tops in Black go for $430 new at all the dealers around my city. If you're lucky you could snag one for $225-275 on Ebay.

It's a good guitar, and it's good enough that you won't need to update anything right away on it, unless you're after hotter pickups or something.
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
Epi LP traditional pro. But why limit yourself to epiphone?
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?