So I've been looking for a new amp to gig with, and I've heard good things about the JCA20H.
It seems to be highly recommended on this forum as well.I'm considering picking up one with a matching 212 cab to gig with, but I have a few concerns.

-Will it get over a drummer fine if it's only being used for an overdriven tone?
-How does it take pedals?
-I play in a pop-punk band but I dabble in other forms of rock music, will it suit my needs?
-The price is right, but is the reliability?

Now I'd love to go try them out but my guitar center doesn't carry them. It sucks but oh well I guess. Christmas has left me a bit wealthier and I'm thinking about trading in my practice amps. So any help would be appreciated!
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
if you can afford the 50 it will be better, but the 20 should be just fine.
mojostompboxes.com
Haha I wouldn't be able to give you business if I get the 50, and I tend to like lower wattage amps.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
well i got a 20 and its pretty loud. never used it for a band setting though.
mojostompboxes.com
I see you also have an ac15. How do you think it would compare to that?
Quote by barden1069
i dont have it any more.

i like the jca more than most other amps though, much better than the AC ever was.
mojostompboxes.com
Quote by greeny23
i dont have it any more.

i like the jca more than most other amps though, much better than the AC ever was.

Hey, slightly off subject but can you explain why?
Quote by itamar100
Hey, slightly off subject but can you explain why?

why i like it more or why i like it in general?
mojostompboxes.com
Quote by greeny23
why i like it more or why i like it in general?

I am pretty interested in the former personally because I'm in the market, but the latter would be nice to know. Not sure about the person who asked the question.
Quote by barden1069
the JCA has a nicer breakup. plus the head format meant i could match it with a better cabinet for a tone i liked better. i found the stock speaker in the AC to be sucky too.
mojostompboxes.com
I have a JCA20h and I like it for its driven tones. With a good set of humbuckers it can easily reach 80's metal levels of drive, and a boost or OD pedal sweeten it up even more. The cleans are a bit lacking, but definitely workable if you mic your amp during gigs and use it in conjunction with your volume know and maybe a boost. My only gripes with mine is the lack of reverb and an effects loop (although they now offer models with the loop included).

I bet it would suit you fine for pop-punk, but you might want to look at the new ones they came out with that have two channels (those might only be combos though). And as for reliability, I've opened mine up for a few little mods and out of curiosity, and the components are all pretty beefy and soldered on well to thick traces.

Another word of warning: the 20 watt and 50 watt models are different circuits and therefore sound different. I would strongly recommend trying either first, but since it doesn't look like you can just listen to as many demos as possible. Good luck!
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"