Alright so it's been a while since I've been on and I lucked out kinda and got 500 bucks for christmas. I haven't decided if I should blow it on something guitar related or not yet so I need UG's help with telling me if I should hold off or not.

Current gear: gretsch 5120 strat knockoffs and an ESP f-50 then a blues junior and a couple of pedals.

Genres: blues, early rock (zeppelin, Hendrix, ect) and a little bit of jazzier stuff kinda like Brian setzer.

Closest clist city would be n Dallas.

So given all that any suggestions on what needs upgrading? If anything does.
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15
Epiphone Valve Junior combo
$500 and such a broad description of what you're trying to get kind of leaves a lot of options. If you're happy with your current rig i see no sense in upgrading. If it ain't broke don't fix it. On the other hand if there is something specific you're looking to upgrade $500 is a lot of money to spend.
New amp.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Yeah you could get that Jet City or PV Classic 30 you have been lusting after!

What's your favorite model on the Vyper?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
I see by the Gretsch G5120 in your signature that you like Hollow Bodies.. or at least that one...
Here's a sweet one... (yep.. I'm showin' her off again... )

Mine was 499.00 but I think they're even cheaper on Amazon...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
I would get like 2 really nice boutique handwired pedals. you can never go wrong with quality gear that is xferable to other setups.
Jackson RR3 - BKP Painkiller/Warpig
Bugera 333XL 212
Pod Studio UX1
MXR Smart Gate
Hardwire CM-2
do you have a blues jr or a epi valve jr? you sig states epi vj, but your post states blues jr.

$500 could go a long way on lessons.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Blues JR FTW

$500? Pimp out your Blues JR! and get an Overdrive!

Get Greeny to make it!

EVERYBODIES BI-WINNING!
I have the blues junior, my sig's out of date. I guess I might be at that weird point where you want something new but don't necessarily need it. And lessons around here are all about 50 mi away and are just your basic chords and E A B proggression a la Folsom Prison, not really my style.

But I would like to make my Hendrix tone a little better, I was looking at the peavey Windsor head and what are some good hendrixy pedals?
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15
Marshally are good (Windsor). Hendrix used a Fuzz Face I believe? You should still have cash left for a full set of JJs too. Buying used right?

May even ahve a little cash left over to have someone mod it to JCM specs. Theres some filtering difference or something (Cathbard correct me on this).

Crank the post gain for sure, maybe not 10 tho those are loud watts.
I can do the modding myself, hurray for knowledge, and yes i'll more than likely buy used. As for the wattage I live in the middle of nowhere, so I can crank it.
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15
Grats that;s going to be a kickass JCM800.

You could mod to plexi to I'm sure but preamp gain is cool.
Quote by grungebaby
I have the blues junior, my sig's out of date. I guess I might be at that weird point where you want something new but don't necessarily need it. And lessons around here are all about 50 mi away and are just your basic chords and E A B proggression a la Folsom Prison, not really my style.

But I would like to make my Hendrix tone a little better, I was looking at the peavey Windsor head and what are some good hendrixy pedals?

You'd want an Octavia clone; I personally like the sound of the BYOC Octave Fuzz. It's way cheaper than any of the decent clones out there, and completely idiot-proof if you have even basic skills with a soldering iron.

The other pedal Hendrix is associated with is a modded Fuzz Face he used. You're not likely to find one already made that's reasonably priced, but the FF with Hendrix mods is basically the easiest pedal you can build, and you can get the parts for like $30, plus the price of an enclosure. Or just go all out and buy a Zvex Fuzz Factory. It's not a clone, but you can get some damn good FF sounds out of it.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Sweet. Any better amp recs or anything like that?
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15
Quote by Papabear505
I see by the Gretsch G5120 in your signature that you like Hollow Bodies.. or at least that one...
Here's a sweet one... (yep.. I'm showin' her off again... )

Mine was 499.00 but I think they're even cheaper on Amazon...

what is that? im in the market for a hollowbody and I love the bigsby.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
It's an epiphone riviera.
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15
Quote by grungebaby
It's an epiphone riviera.

thanks i love the look of the bigsby. I've been looking at the epiphone wildkat also and some rondomusic hollowboies only they dont have a bigsby.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A