Hey guys. As the title says, I need an advice about a distortion/overdrive pedal, I should run it into a vox ac30c2.

I mainly need it to reach a nice fat and heavy sound for solos with my strat and my les paul, the amp i own can provide perfectly the tone I need for non-lead parts(that are much lighter than the lead sections) and I need a pedal to switch in ''solo mode'' during my gigs as I can't run towards the amp to crank it up and I can't afford a sound engineer. And since I'm also the lead singer in my band working perfectly with the volume on the guitars can be difficult.

Budget: 100-150 euros.

Probably I will not be able to try the pedals you'll advice, as I live in italy and shops here only offer crappy boss pedals. Thank you
Gear:
American Strat
Les Paul Studio
Vox Ac30
Crappy boss pedals
Crybaby
More guitars
Bad Monkey, TS9. You don't need anything too flash if it's just a boost.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Im not sure about the availability in Italy but a Fulltone Plimsoul or OCD sounds about right.
Well...thank you all, but comparing the prices I see them starting from 49 bucks(the bad monkey) to 200 (the plimsoul)...It's not a small difference in price...is the tone difference as big as the price one?
Gear:
American Strat
Les Paul Studio
Vox Ac30
Crappy boss pedals
Crybaby
More guitars
The bad monkey is a straight up OD, i think modelled after a tube screamer.
The Plimsoul is an overdrive/distortion that is a lot more versatile.
It can get soft clipping mild bluesy tones or it can get balls out distortion, clean boost, overdrive, or whatever else you need from it.
They are very different pedals and you get your moneys worth with both, its just a matter of what you need.
Sounds like all you really need is a decent boost pedal. Maybe look into the Fulltone Fatboost 3 or MI Audio's Boost n Buff.
Consider all the Tubescreamers what there are. I find the Visual Sound's Route 808 a really great pedal thanks to the bass boost it has. Definitely gives some extra to the sound.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.