I saw there wasn't a thread for this amazing band. So for anyone who wants to talk albums/songs/eras/preformances feel free to do so.
Fire away
I'll get the obvious out of the way. Strangers in the night is one of the coolest live albums of all time. You could really hear the difference Schenker made, cause a few of the albums after he left sucked badly.
I'd say there just as good now with Vinnie as they were with Schenker though.
big fan of UFO. can't say that the post schenker albums sucked they were just more inconsistent. the new stuff with vinnie moore is also pretty good. live they are a great band period. first time i saw them was in 79 (some australian band callled AC/DC opened for them), great show. paul chapman is highly underated if you ask me.
Quote by monwobobbo
big fan of UFO. can't say that the post schenker albums sucked they were just more inconsistent. the new stuff with vinnie moore is also pretty good. live they are a great band period. first time i saw them was in 79 (some australian band callled AC/DC opened for them), great show. paul chapman is highly underated if you ask me.

Yes, hes very underrated. Even their newer guitarist, Vinnie Moore, is pretty great. UFO sure know how to pick their guitarists. But I still think Michael is the best.
Quote by TerriThrash
Yes, hes very underrated. Even their newer guitarist, Vinnie Moore, is pretty great. UFO sure know how to pick their guitarists. But I still think Michael is the best.

no doubt that schenker was their best guitar player. vinnie is awesome i've been a fan of his since the 80s. if you listen to some of the live stuff that Paul Chapman played on he manages to do justice to the older material. as i mentioned the albums he played on had some really good songs but also had some lame stuff as well. so did the schenker alsbums but his playing saved some of those songs.
My favourite album by them is Phenomenon. ROCK BOTTOM FTW

Ih and did anyone else know that Schenker plays the solo of Lipstick Traces with his feet? Amazing!
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
UFO is great!!! They have so many songs I can't pick my favorite. None of my friends like UFO so I don't know what their most popular songs are I love Martian Landscape and I have used Goodbye You as personal exit music.
Party on Wayne. Party on Garth.