Got an ESP Ltd EC-256 for xmas yesterday!......
so far, so good!!....... i actually got the guitar a month ago due to being on offer, but it stayed in it's case til yesterday!
a bargain at less than £300 brand new, with some nice features for the price...... including a coil tap, which adds some nice versatility to the guitar.
usually not a fan of distressed finishes but this is actually done very tastefully and combined with the matte black paint, it works a treat!
sound wise, the standard pickups sound quite 'dark voiced' but i like them.... i had initially thought i'd swap them out but i'm gonna give them a go for a while.
The overall feel of the guitar is really nice. As a usual Les Paul player when playing live, this definitely has a similar feel, albeit somewhat lighter. A slim, lightweight body which fits against the body nicely, and a slim neck with a really nice action as standard from the factory.
Overall, initial impressions are really good and i can see this being a permanent stage companion with my LP's!

(btw... the tag for the coil tap is still attached to the tone pot in the pics... in case you wondered what that was)

Chapman ML2 x 2
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epi Les Paul Custom (EMG 81/85)
ESP Ltd EC-256 (SH4jb/SH2n)
Jackson DKMG (EMG 81/60)
Epi SG Iommi
Squier Classic Vibes 50's Tele
Ovation MT-37
Peavey 6505+ 112
never been a fan of esp, but their LP's always looked great to me. Merry Christmas and HNGD
Get them to love you, while they may depending on your words and wealth, the only one who's really judging you is yourself, nobody else.

Any and all posts by this user are fictional and for entertainment purposes only
Do they make the binding look more aged too? That'd really make it fit well, 'cause IMO I don't like the yellow binding on those normally but if they aged it, that'd be cool. HNGD man!
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
Thanks guys, yeah the binding has an aged look to it. the flash from the camera makes it look more yellow than it actually is.

Chapman ML2 x 2
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Jackson DKMG (EMG 81/60)
Epi SG Iommi
Ovation MT-37
Peavey 6505+ 112
I had one of these about a year ago. fine guitar.
HNGD!
Quote by punk_rules_1997

Hi, I am looking for an amp setting close to the sound of bands like Black Veil Brides.

Quote by Eppicurt

Set everything to 12 o'clock.

Go from there.

lol

Jackson WRMG
Peavey Valveking 112
Pod HD300

Will buy guitars & guitar parts
PM me for info
I have a question. Did you just so happen to get it from here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2glFyhbWtyk

could it be that its the same guitar?
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I have a question. Did you just so happen to get it from here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2glFyhbWtyk

could it be that its the same guitar?

it's not the 'actual' guitar coz i got mine from GAK..... BUT it was this video that brought the discounted price to my attention!! Chappers FTW!! lol

Chapman ML2 x 2
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Jackson DKMG (EMG 81/60)
Epi SG Iommi
Ovation MT-37
Peavey 6505+ 112
oh... and today i was given a set of Seymour Duncan hot rodded SH-4jb and SH-2 pickups.... so i reckon I may give them a shot in this guitar!

Chapman ML2 x 2
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Jackson DKMG (EMG 81/60)
Epi SG Iommi
Ovation MT-37
Peavey 6505+ 112