I'm looking at buying a new amplifier that will not be a practice amp. It will be for recording and for gigging and I'd like a tube if possible. Could anyone tell me some good ideas in the price range of $600-800 US or CAD?
^ +1

but as a cover-all option, traynor ycv or kustom coupé would probably work
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I play metal, some clean jazz and alternative. Closest city is Detroit or Windsor.
what type of metal?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
In flames, Lamb of god, All that remains, bullet for my valentine, and i love the tone that Breaking Benjamin gets.
Jet City JCA5212RC, the cleans cover jazz really well and the crunch on the clean channel will cover alternative.
The distortion is a Soldano super lead overdrive circuit so it'll easily cover metal.
50w is easily enough for gigging.
Quote by surjer
Peavey 6505+ or
Bugera 6262

Both are great for Modern Metal like that.. Grab an OD pedal while your at it. You'll want it later anywys..

But those amps won't play jazz well at all and will only be half decent at alt rock
I don't play a lot of jazz tbh, and I'm sure I could get a good enough tone for me from them. I'm mostly worried about the Metal sound for recording. If I want jazz stuff, I can use my other amp. thanks for the input guys.
For a cabinet? Yes It actually has 2 - Also has an impedance selector for 4, 8, or 16 ohm

Sorry, i missed the part about Jazz when you listed the bands you liked. If your wanting to do Jazz there are better options out there but the 6505 is pretty brutal for metal stuff..
I can use my other one for jazz. And I mean a line out so i can run it to my interface.
The 6505+ 112 Combo has a line out in a way. There is an XLR output which is a simulated CAB for use going directly to your interface. So you would need a XLR cable and a XLR input on your interface to use this feature but its intended to be used like you would use a "line out" for recording.

I havent got the best results going that way tho. Still havent been able to beat the sound of the amp cranked up with a single 57 on it. Another method is to run straight from the effects loop into your interface and then use cabinet simulators such as ReCabinet etc. Anyways, getting a bit off topic i reckon.

The 6505+ will do great for modern metal but will be pretty cold for doing jazz.

I've also heard pretty decent things about the Bugera 333XL amp but i dont have any experience myself with that amp.
krank makes some very compact, lunchbox sized 50 watters in the 600-800 range. might want to check em out.
Quote by itamar100
Jet City JCA5212RC, the cleans cover jazz really well and the crunch on the clean channel will cover alternative.
The distortion is a Soldano super lead overdrive circuit so it'll easily cover metal.
50w is easily enough for gigging.
NO IT WILL NOT. The 5212rc does not have the same drive circuit as the heads, and does not have near the amount of gain as the others.

The 5012c however does have the Soldano Super-Lead Circuit, and has more than enough gain for anything plus a really good clean channel. It's also closed-back, which is optimal for metal, while the 5212 is open-back.
if you can use another amp for jazz, a 6505 should work for brootz.

dunno about alternative, i don't really play alternative.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?