For Christmas i got a pair of Alesis monitors and im trying to set them up with my audio interface im running them through an M-audio fast track ultra 8r which is being run on cubase studio 5. I have a dual 1/4 inch cable and its hooked into my line outs from each speaker but im not getting any sound can anybody help?
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
Epiphone Slash Signature Les Paul
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
TC Electronics Ditto Looper
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Electro-Harmonix Freeze Sound Retainer
Ok, you don't appear to understand signal flow so I'll be as simple as I can...

Line Out is an output jack, not an input. Your speakers need signal sent to them - not from them. You need to take a cable (either XLR or 1/4" jack depending on the inputs of your speakers) and hook up the left and right outputs of the interface to the respective inputs of the speakers.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
According to the manual, your monitors should be hooked up to Line Output 1 and 2, which the volume should be controlled from the front panel. If you're not getting any sound, and everything's turned up and setup correctly in your DAW, you might have something set wrong in the Fast Track's Control Panel software.

http://www.m-audio.com/images/global/manuals/080508_FTU8R_QSG_EN01.pdf For the Quick Start Manual. Search "monitor" and it's the first one that pops up.

This post might also help you:

http://forum.recordingreview.com/f38/please-help-me-set-up-my-m-audio-fast-track-pro-sonar-7-a-35801/
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
well right now im just trying to get them to work for leisure listening with itunes so it can't be my DAW thats the problem. Their hooked up to the line outs just as the manual says?
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Wait, i had just realized that the output knob was turned down and that seemed to be the problem..........well i feel like a noob lol anyways thanks for the help guys! If hadn't read that manual i probably wouldn't have even touched the output knob i completely forgot about it but anyways the monitors are working great thanks for the help!
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby