Hello guys, I've got my Christmas money (yes another one of these threads) and I'm looking into a bass synth pedal. I cannot decide between the EHX Microsynth or the Markbass Super Synth. I do like both, although I feel the Microsynth is a tad more vintage voiced, mainly because it's analog. I'm mainly going for a Muse-y sound like the Black Holes and Absolution stuff, although I'd still like to keep plenty of versatility. Leaning towards the Markbass for the octave sounds, but what does the almighty Bass Forum think between the two?
CAPITALISM
Quote by diofan88
Naked with a bowl of cereal with headphones.
For Muse, you want a Akai Deep Impact, good luck finding one tho, they've long been discontinued and with the added Massive Band Uses One Syndrome Factor (there must be a shorter term on these forums) they run into silly prices...in terms of choice, Ive not played the Mark Bass but the EQ on the EHX is pretty fun to mess around with, saying that,I find it doesn't work great with other FX pedals in conjunction, and the Muse sound is all about layers...
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
I'm definitely going to need to try them anyway, but if the EHX won't play nice with other pedals, that might kill it for me.
CAPITALISM
Quote by diofan88
Quote by TheWizard42
I'm definitely going to need to try them anyway, but if the EHX won't play nice with other pedals, that might kill it for me.

well considering the synth pedal is a octaver, fuzz, and filter/autowah rolled into one, the list of other pedals you might use with it couldn't be too big, what else reverb, delay, flanger, chorus, phaser or overdrive? If your just going to guitar center or your countries big box music store, bring your other pedals etc and play them in sequence.
Yeah, I probably plan to throw my Muff or Woolly Mammoth in front of it. What I find nice about the EHX is the built in fuzz. It's nice and harsh, and slightly Mammoth-y, so I may be able to get away with using that.
CAPITALISM
Quote by diofan88
I found the built in fuzz to (strangely ) sound very synthy, and whilst that's nice sometime,I like a good ol' natural sounding fuzz on bass, which it just didn't sit right with, saying that,it was only messing around with my mates one for an hour or so, so don't take my word as law,especially as it's all opinion, like every piece of gear, go out and try if you can, some of us may hate it, you might love it
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
I find my big muff (russian) to get synthy pretty quick so ymmv. I watched a review of a microsynth and over all I have no need for one, but the guy did do a setting which gave it the effect of bowing, that with my flat wound mustang with a foam mute (or even a piezo) would be pretty sweet, but only maybe $50 sweet to me.