Hi, Since the only effects I have for my electric guitar are a Line 6 Spider 4 15 watt amp I wanted to get some effects to get some really good sounds. http://www.gak.co.uk/en/boss-me70/18241
There's the link to the effects box I want, it's actually on sale at a local store for like £180 so do you think it's worth getting?
Yes! If you don't want to get separate pedals for your effects, the ME-70 is the best multi out there IMO
Save for a new amp. That ME-70 isn't going to make it sound any better. Spiders are absolute garbage.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
Save for a new amp. That ME-70 isn't going to make it sound any better. Spiders are absolute garbage.

Well I'll be using the amp on the clean channel on my amp so I don't see it necessary spending hundreds on a amazing amp when I'll be relying to get my effects from the Boss ME 70
Quote by Billy Wilkins
Well I'll be using the amp on the clean channel on my amp so I don't see it necessary spending hundreds on a amazing amp when I'll be relying to get my effects from the Boss ME 70
It's not all about effects, it's about good tone to begin with. The Spider doesn't take pedals well as it is, even on the clean channel, and you shouldn't be relying on a cheap pedal for your main source of tone. Save for a good amp that gives you good overdrive sounds first, then worry about effects.

Hell, for £199 you can get a Peavey Vypyr 75, and that will sound better and even have more effects than your Spider and ME-70 combined. And for a bit more you can get a Jet City 2112rc, which is all tube.

That ME-70 isn't going to make your Spider sound less like a children's toy.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
It's not all about effects, it's about good tone to begin with. The Spider doesn't take pedals well as it is, even on the clean channel, and you shouldn't be relying on a cheap pedal for your main source of tone. Save for a good amp that gives you good overdrive sounds first, then worry about effects.

Hell, for £199 you can get a Peavey Vypyr 75, and that will sound better and even have more effects than your Spider and ME-70 combined. And for a bit more you can get a Jet City 2112rc, which is all tube.

That ME-70 isn't going to make your Spider sound less like a children's toy.

I'm not saying you don't know what you're talking about, from the sound of it you're very experienced but my guitar teacher who's been playing for like 16 or so years recommended it, he said I should get the Boss ME 70 and then get some sort of valve amp when I have more money, Since I only have about £320 at the minute, but anyway I'm going to a bigass guitar store tomorrow so I'll try out the Vyper 75 there, but It's nor £200 trust me, it's like £300