i guess it is, because it has the logo on there, but IMO, Gotoh has better ones but that differs, you might want to try a guitar with a schaller to see if you like it
hope it helps
Quote by Leon987
i guess it is, because it has the logo on there, but IMO, Gotoh has better ones but that differs, you might want to try a guitar with a schaller to see if you like it
hope it helps

I'll second this. Gotoh is the way to go.
Last edited by poppameth at Dec 27, 2011,
Goth isn't the way to go. They make good floyds but nowere near as good as an Original or Schaller floyd, which is pretty much an original anyway since they use to be made by Schaller.
+1 btw the schaller and the OFR's are the same thing, schaller makes them both so either will work (the licensed schaller version is just a licensing thing). I could be mistaken though, but im pretty sure that was right. Anyway OFR's are incredible!
Quote by da_
Goth isn't the way to go. They make good floyds but nowere near as good as an Original or Schaller floyd, which is pretty much an original anyway since they use to be made by Schaller.

Not quite, OFR's and Schallers are a bit different in dimensions and construction. Also, the Gotohs are pretty much as good if not better than the OFR. There are Gotoh made trems as old as the original OFR's (mid 80s) that are in as good as if not better condition than the OFR's. That would be the Ibanez Edge trem.
Quote by zubin.isaac
+1 btw the schaller and the OFR's are the same thing, schaller makes them both so either will work (the licensed schaller version is just a licensing thing). I could be mistaken though, but im pretty sure that was right. Anyway OFR's are incredible!

Nope, they aren't the same thing. The OFR has a solid steel baseplate with integrated knife edges whereas the Schaller LFR has a baseplate made of some other metal with steel knife edge inserts. The Schaller baseplate is also considerably shorter.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Not quite, OFR's and Schallers are a bit different in dimensions and construction. Also, the Gotohs are pretty much as good if not better than the OFR. There are Gotoh made trems as old as the original OFR's (mid 80s) that are in as good as if not better condition than the OFR's. That would be the Ibanez Edge trem.

Nope, they aren't the same thing. The OFR has a solid steel baseplate with integrated knife edges whereas the Schaller LFR has a baseplate made of some other metal with steel knife edge inserts. The Schaller baseplate is also considerably shorter.

I was saying that Schaller use to make Original Floyd Roses. They also still use the same hardened steel that the originals are made from, something which none of the other licensed Floyds use. And that is the problem with the others, the metal is to soft.