Hey, Recently my amp started making an annoying buzzing sound, It also affected the pickups, The Bridge Pickup was ok but the rest had a lot of buzzing, I'm 100% certain its the amp because I got a new lead and tried it with my VST (Amplitube) and there was no buzzing, please help! does anyone know what I should do or try?
does it make the sound when theres no lead in the input of the amp?
Could be either a preamp tube or a grounding issue. Take the easy step first by switching electrical outlets and jiggling the input jack. If neither of those do anything, buy a single 12ax7 and try swapping each preamp tube with it to find the verdict.

It could also be the ground wire being disconnected on the jack, which might involve you having to go inside the chassis to get to the jacks.
Quote by Poisonouspot
Fender twin reverb

Vintage or Re-issue?

or.. basically.. Old or relatively new?
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Quote by Poisonouspot
relatively new, 3 years old

Mine's a 74... but... Mine made a buzzing sound when the Reverb transformer went out. I took mine to a tech, and he basically rebuilt it for me.. Keep in mine that my girl is pushin' 40 and at the time had stock tubes in it...

I'd take it to a tech and have him trouble shoot it.. Having mine rebuilt didn't cost quite 300.00 US so trouble shooting and fixing a relatively new one shouldn't be that much...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Last edited by Papabear505 at Dec 26, 2011,