Finally got myself a amp with some balls! Here's the pics, do apologize if they are too big. I'm not sure how to shrink them so if someone can help me with that or maybe if a mods feeling nice and wants to shrink them for me that would be great

Unfortunately this thing is hooked up to a piece of crap MG cab, but within a few days my PPC 2x12 should be here . Considering how held back the amp is because of the cab, the overall tone is still insanely good. The four stages of gain really are more than just a myth, I'm playing everything from Zeppelin to 5FDP to Cream to All That Remains on this bad boy, and it sounds AMAZING with everything. Gain *****s might prefer otherwise but honestly I can't see how this thing can't compete with other high-gain only amps with a nice boost. Overall clarity of the clean channel is very nice, turning back the volume and tone knob on my c1 classic on the neck pickup really gave some nice chimey response when playing chords.

I do have a few questions about it, like as to what the damping switch in the back does, or what those metal handles on the front are for? The instruction manual didn't really cover much about the amp at all.

But yeah to put it simply the amp is amazing, cannot wait for my new cab to come in a few days then several pedals after that, this way the amp can really shine! Happy holidays UG!

Shout out to 311ZOSOVHJH for helping me pick out and search up some other amps before I settled with one, when I plugged this badboy in it just pleased my ears better than every Randall, Marshall, Peavey, Engl, etc. I've ever played. And when I say I've demoed alot of amps, I MEAN it.

While this is here why not make this thread multi purpose? Does anyone know of a good boost that can really take the dirty channel to an extreme? I do have an MT-2 metal zone from BOSS that I heard is fantastic when modded, but will it be good or will it just be an overpowering standalone distortion pedal? I just need a simple boost is all.
Last edited by Malice26 at Dec 26, 2011,
well the handles are for chucking it around you know?

have you turned the gain all the way up on the dirty channel and decided you need more gain?
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by AcousticMirror
well the handles are for chucking it around you know?

have you turned the gain all the way up on the dirty channel and decided you need more gain?

O rly? Might have to try that out :P

Honestly it might just be me being picky because this thing IS hooked up to a crap cab at the moment, but I doubt the cab would be a reason for less gain. I just put it on again before and it sounded perfect, better then before almost. Might have been the EQ.

A boost pedal wouldn't be a bad investment though, just because I do play lead in my band and it would be a nice touch during a solo.
You need a new cab, because the Orange ones are definitely better than that MG series cab... However, I'm really jealous, that's one of the amplifiers I used to want and I still kind of do. Now I just want a Marshall JCM800 2210 or JCM900 4100.
I bet that Orange sounds really great.
You've got a nice guitar too. I played one of those in the local store. Nice sound, quality craft.. but the neck just wasn't for me.
Happy New Amplifier Day and hopefully soon Happy New Cabinet Day!
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by Sakke
You need a new cab, because the Orange ones are definitely better than that MG series cab... However, I'm really jealous, that's one of the amplifiers I used to want and I still kind of do. Now I just want a Marshall JCM800 2210 or JCM900 4100.
I bet that Orange sounds really great.
You've got a nice guitar too. I played one of those in the local store. Nice sound, quality craft.. but the neck just wasn't for me.
Happy New Amplifier Day and hopefully soon Happy New Cabinet Day!

I got an Orange PPC 2x12 coming in a few days thankfully so that's already covered
Its a great amp, the versatility it has is amazing, totally worth the price in my opinion. The cab is definitely not complimenting how it can actually sound which is why I didn't even bother with a sound demo.
Love my C1 Classic too, you get used to the neck after awhile. Definitely not the ideal shred guitar, but still great.
Thanks man and yeah but I won't even bother posting that up
A W E S O M E !

yeah, that is a great amp. I played the 100w version and just about crapped in my pants.

the Orange cab will really make a difference. the speakers may take several weeks of heavy playing to break in so if it sounds a bit sterile at first - don't worry.

if you are looking for an OD to tighten this monster I've had a lot of luck with my Bad Monkey. Cheap. Rugged. More tone control than a Tubescreamer and a bit cleaner than a TS.

Congrats on your amp

HNOD
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
A W E S O M E !

yeah, that is a great amp. I played the 100w version and just about crapped in my pants.

the Orange cab will really make a difference. the speakers may take several weeks of heavy playing to break in so if it sounds a bit sterile at first - don't worry.

if you are looking for an OD to tighten this monster I've had a lot of luck with my Bad Monkey. Cheap. Rugged. More tone control than a Tubescreamer and a bit cleaner than a TS.

Congrats on your amp

HNOD

Jesus 100W would be insane, this thing is an absolute monster even on 1, I can't even imagine how the 100W or 200W Thunderverb sounds, to hell with that for now.

I'm surprised someone recommended a Digitech, they usually get bad rep for having too digital-sounding effects, hence the brand name. I'll definitely check out, was actually going to go for an MXR Micro Boost but now I have another option.

Thanks man

Quote by gregs1020

that is sweet.

Indeed it is. Thanks brotha.
Last edited by Malice26 at Dec 26, 2011,
yeah, there is nothing digital about the Bad Monkey. It is analog. It is just a tubescreamer clone. Due to the insane amounts of gain already available on the Rockerverb I was assuming you just wanted a boost to tighten the gain. If tightening is what you are after, then the cleaner the boost the better imo. I had a MXR Micro Amp once (similar). I got rid of it.

an EQ in the loop with a volume slider is good idea too.

PS: 100 watts is not THAT much louder than 50 watts.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
yeah, there is nothing digital about the Bad Monkey. It is analog. It is just a tubescreamer clone. Due to the insane amounts of gain already available on the Rockerverb I was assuming you just wanted a boost to tighten the gain. If tightening is what you are after, then the cleaner the boost the better imo. I had a MXR Micro Amp once (similar). I got rid of it.

an EQ in the loop with a volume slider is good idea too.

PS: 100 watts is not THAT much louder than 50 watts.

That's actually exactly what I'm looking for, any more gain on this thing and it will just be buzz and hiss central. Tightening the sound is all I require, and I'll be doing such with a bad monkey as it seems definitely going to try one out first though.

Was going for an MXR EQ as well, just because I'm becoming a tone nazi, don't know if there are any cheaper or better alternatives though.

The difference in loudness if I'm correct is only 15-20%, but the sheer placebo of thinking its actually double makes it sound so much louder. Still fools me sometimes
I think it is closer to 10% louder.

I actually use a $40 6-band Danelectro EQ and it works fine. It adds a slight amount of hiss but not enough to bother me.

I'm sure someone will swoop in and tell you how great their $300 pedal is but I don't spend a lot of money on pedals because I honestly don't use them that much.

For boosting - also check out the EHX LPB
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Electro-Harmonix-Nano-LPB-1-Power-Booster-Guitar-Effects-Pedal-104141072-i1171529.gc
That's one mighty fine lookin' amp you have there. I'll probably grab a Dual Terror some time next year. Heck maybe even tax time.
Twitter
Soundcloud

ESP LTD EC-500
Krank Krankenstein
Krank Krankenstein 4x12 Cabinet
Alesis M-EQ 230
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
Jim Dunlop Cry Baby GC95
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
I'd probably be the exact opposite, I love using pedals when they are available, I don't really use stuff like phasers and flanger just stuff that can improve my overall tone like compressors, OD's, noise reducers, and occasionally wah for improv.

Definitely going to drive the guys at GC nuts with all these recommendations man :P
HNAD

good to see another member in the Brotherhood of Orange.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Quote by pbiggie
HNAD

good to see another member in the Brotherhood of Orange.

Haha thanks, that sounds pretty sick too. The accronym would be cool, (BOO).
Damn. Seriously super jelly. That is my dream amp.

Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I think it is closer to 10% louder.

I actually use a $40 6-band Danelectro EQ and it works fine. It adds a slight amount of hiss but not enough to bother me.

I'm sure someone will swoop in and tell you how great their $300 pedal is but I don't spend a lot of money on pedals because I honestly don't use them that much.

For boosting - also check out the EHX LPB
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Electro-Harmonix-Nano-LPB-1-Power-Booster-Guitar-Effects-Pedal-104141072-i1171529.gc

+1 on the LPB.

it retains the character of the amp while giving it a little something extra. I used it on my pedal board when I was gigging and I really enjoyed it.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings: