So I am just wondering...I have been covering some video game music and think
some of the compoers are very brilliant!

But I find the way they compose kinda confusing...for example, I notice that the song will be written in a key like A major, but then as the song progresses, will use a note repeatedly not found in the scale

Heres an example: http://www.gametabs.net/final-fantasy-xiii/blinded-by-light

It starts with G# in the intro riff, but then as the song goes on, the song uses G notes...

I find this confusing...why does the composer do this? Are these notes borrowed from another scale? Can someone explain to me the logic or reasoning behind this?

I love how it sounds but just do not understand what made the composer do this.

Thankyou!
Sounds like the composer is just using passing notes or accidentals, which are fairly common in music.
I can only listen to so many breakdowns and "spoken word" vocals before I wanna puke.

I find Jennette McCurdy attractive, but Elizabeth Gillies and Debby Ryan much more so.

That's enough, Djent people. We get it.
I just find it weird that the accidentals always just tend to be one note in pareticular played over and over...and I am just kind of wondering why it is THAT particular note they choose
I hear a key change, which would explain the use of a G natural as opposed to a G#.

In general, the "does it sound good" rule applies - personally, when I'm writing that's what I go by a large percentage of the time even though I know enough theory to describe what I'm doing.
There's a lot of ways you can play a "G" and a "G#" in the same key..

One that hasn't been thrown out there yet.. Since you're reading in tab and not actual notation... Because of enharmonics, the "G" may be an F##, or the "G#" may be an Ab. In the major scale, the 7th degree is a half step below the tonic(root), so G and Ab (G#) are in the same key.
Quote by winterXsolstice
simple answer, it sounds good.

This, a lot musicians playout side of a scale when soloing too, that's why a lot of people, myself included, believe that theory explains what you've done, but it doesn't dictate it.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
This, a lot musicians playout side of a scale when soloing too, that's why a lot of people, myself included, believe that theory explains what you've done, but it doesn't dictate it.

Theory doesn't dictate that you have to stay in a scale. Anything you do outside of a diatonic scale is easily described by theory.