the coating would separate and leave small movable chunks. its really annoying because my fingers slide around when i try to form chords. also when i play the open g, it sounds muted but everything beyond the 5th fret is fine. is there something wrong with the bridge? the brand of my strings is kapok. i got them for cheap.
Sounds like old or deteriorated (or perhaps just cheap) strings. Buy some new strings... and go for a quality brand. Something like Ernie Ball, D'Addario or Rotosound.
Never buy cheap, crappy strings, it's not actually cheaper because they don't last as long as a decent set and they're more likely to break. Change to a decent brand
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
cheap strings are not a good idea.

How long have you had the striongs on for?
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Quote by pawnluv
cheap strings are not a good idea.

How long have you had the striongs on for?

a few months lol, got them for around 2 dollars.
Quote by ehhthatguy
a few months lol, got them for around 2 dollars.

That's the issue then. A set of strings that cheap is probably made from rat hair and hatred.
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
We have a really good sticky here on strings go read. Cheers