Anyone using cool apps for guitar stuff? I was thinking a drum kit I could loop and record stuff would be sweet
he of tranquil mind
Doesnt the ipad come with garageband? Guitar pro is useful, UG app has some useful features.

\/ guitar pro is better. I have both on my iphone.
Last edited by StateFarmsThere at Dec 26, 2011,
Tab toolkit is a great guitar pro like app.
Definitely check it out.
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Guitar Toolkit is without a doubt my most used app. It's pricy but it's more than worth it.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Why didn't you ask for something useful for guitar?
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
I kind of want one...but the iPad2 is so similar to the first, I'm holding out for the 3 that's expected to come out in a few months.
I kind of want one...but the iPad3 is so similar to the second, I'm holding out for the 4 that's expected to come out in a few months.
i use irig & amplitube and it's decent. i'm sure there is better out there but it does everything i want.

Quote by :-D
Maybe it's just me, but I don't see how there could really be a useful and practical guitar-related application for the iPad.

late night practice playing along with songs through headphones would be one.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Dec 27, 2011,
i have android, i haven't really looked too hard, but i have found three apps that are helpful, a tuner, a metronome, and a scale/chord dictionary that you can search for different chords, click on them and hear how they sound.

really simple, but handy.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I've been thinking about getting a kaossilator or other electronic beats generator to hook up to my rig, and I may not have to:

http://www.korg.com/products.aspx?ct=103

Then there's this:
http://www.irealb.com/
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Dec 27, 2011,
I use Amplitube with irig, garageband and guitar pro which are all pretty good
I find the stuff like Apogee's Jam and the iRig to all offer rather shabby quality. But I guess I shouldn't be expecting tube amp sound to suddenly come out of my iPad xD

Apogee's Jam is supposedly 'studio quality'. Yeah... no.

Still, it's handy if you can't afford a mic+interface or if you *must* practice late at night with headphones :-)

As for other apps, nothing that wasn't already mentioned above. I guess Garage Band makes for a nice jamtrack recording/playing tool if you use one of the interfaces above, but again, they don't really offer a nice sound...
PRS SE Custom 22 <3
Fender Stratocaster '57 RI
Fender Super Champ XD
Tanglewood TW115 CW
You can get on ultimate guitar on the pad browser and do the same thing you are doing right now...

I find the clock pro app quite useful for setting up tempo using the metronome.
Quote by Azunaii

Well, maybe not coming out of the iPad's speakers, but how does the signal coming out via its cables when hooked up to a computer in a studio compare?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Check out Ampkit. It works with Peavey's iLink to plug your guitar into your i-device, and acts as an amp modeller.

It's pretty fun. I like mine!
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
I have an iRig, it's not bad when you want to jam on the go and not carry an amp with you :P And the free apps that you can download for it sound awesomely good on the clean channel, can't say good enough for the distortion, but i'm only using the free versions, probably if you buy the pack in there of the software you can get better things.
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Quote by Azunaii
I find the stuff like Apogee's Jam and the iRig to all offer rather shabby quality. But I guess I shouldn't be expecting tube amp sound to suddenly come out of my iPad xD

Still, it's handy if you can't afford a mic+interface or if you *must* practice late at night with headphones :-)

As for other apps, nothing that wasn't already mentioned above. I guess Garage Band makes for a nice jamtrack recording/playing tool if you use one of the interfaces above, but again, they don't really offer a nice sound...

yes... this.

I have a couple guys I jam with but life is busy and Im lucky to play every other week. Mostly its put the kids to bed and when the wife is watching all the stupid shows she DVRs I go play with the headphones on. My my main amp is a Fender Blues Delux 40w tube but I still have my first amp.. a Line 6 spider something and I can plug a CD or external device right into it and it sounds quite good through the phones I have.

I downloaded some really crappy drum program with some country and regg beats but the sound is doo doo.

Something where I could create some backing tracks would be wild, but I dont want to spend a ton of time messing around. I would like to reserve that for playing.

At 38 easily the most valuable commodity in life is time. Im sometimes amazed by this
he of tranquil mind
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Well, maybe not coming out of the iPad's speakers, but how does the signal coming out via its cables when hooked up to a computer in a studio compare?

I've no idea, to be honest. I reckon it's intended precisely so that you don't have to have a studio kit though...

I used the iRig with my iPhone for a while when I had no amp at my apartment. The clean was pretty nice indeed, but the distortion was awful compared to an amp. The Apogee Jam was advertised as quite a bit better than the rest, but it's still nowhere near what I'd like. That's to be expected though, I guess. An iPad + this interface is not going to compare to an actual tube amp. It just grinds my gears a bit that these devices are advertised as 'studio quality' when they're clearly not.

Again though, that's not to say they aren't handy to practice in 'silence', like fishmike said. God knows I get the urge to play in the middle of the night more often than not
PRS SE Custom 22 <3
Fender Stratocaster '57 RI
Fender Super Champ XD
Tanglewood TW115 CW
Last edited by Azunaii at Dec 30, 2011,
I like the iRig and Amplitube. Of course it has its limitations (effects are too digitized, etc) but allows me to practice and record my playing without annoying others or late at night. I recommend it but it's just a preference. The Guitar Pro app is good. Allows you to wirelessly import your Guitar Pro tabs into it. Works very well!

Ibanez SGT520VS Sage Series Acoustic
Yamaha FG720S-12 12 String Acoustic
Schecter C-1 Classic
Crate Flexwave FW65 Combo Amp
There are a series of apps called 'guitar jam tracks' or something like that. Just have simple backing tracks you can jam over

And of course there is the Ultimate Guitar app
Fender > Gibson

Who Said That?!
Last edited by dominodom at Dec 30, 2011,
If you're into exploring electronica, you might get a kick out of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbo2Wk5PgVQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

It is an app that mimics the new electronic instrument, the ReacTable.

http://www.reactable.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgy1S8qymx0&feature=youtube_gdata_player