Poll: Should TS Get Facebook?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should TS Get Facebook?
Be A Sheep-Get it
73 37%
Don't worry about it, it's not that great
42 21%
Follow your heart my son
44 22%
TS is an indecisive idiot
39 20%
Voters: 198.
Page 1 of 2
...So make up my mind for me fellow Pit-Monkeys!

Should I finally get Facebook?
Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
Why not?

But Twitter is where it's at, yo.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Yeah, as long as you don't post about every single thing you do. If you do, I'll come to your house and I will punch every. living. thing. in the. face.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by lushacrous
Why not?

But Twitter is where it's at, yo.

I actually have a Twitter, but only to follow musicians and bands that I like. None of my friends have it. I'm the only person I know out of my friends who doesn't have Facebook.

Quote by Kensai
Yeah, as long as you don't post about every single thing you do. If you do, I'll come to your house and I will punch every. living. thing. in the. face.

That's just my family...thank God I don't have pets! :P
Quote by slash_GNR666

I dunno. I recently deleted mine because they have this new thing called "Timeline" that I find really invasive... literally in a click, anyone can see anything you posted on any date / time.
Quote by ThorVonClemson
Be thankful your parents care about you man.
A guy like you could easily be mistaken for a lady and be violently raped.

I'm virile, fertile, scream when I come.
Get it.

Also, Kjell, good to see Frusciante back again.

EDIT: ^They give you the option to delete and hide whatever you don't want others to see. Alternatively, you could just do what I did and make a new Facebook account with no history. Quick and easy.
Last edited by 'Leviathan' at Dec 26, 2011,
Quote by Hippy's Son
I dunno. I recently deleted mine because they have this new thing called "Timeline" that I find really invasive... literally in a click, anyone can see anything you posted on any date / time.

So you want everyone on your Friends list to see what you have written, except you don't want them to be able to look back on it in the future? lolok
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
Quote by Hippy's Son

Yeah, I think my sister's been complaining about that. Aren't websites you've visited also published on the Timeline?
Quote by slash_GNR666

Quote by Hippy's Son

The timeline is completely optional. And people can only see anything you posted on any date/time if you give them permission to do so. And people being able to see what you post is kind of the point of social networking....

OP, spend an hour making one and getting used to it. If you don't like it, delete it, and all you've lost is an hour of your time.
Quote by 'Leviathan'
Get it.

Also, Kjell, good to see Frusciante back again.

EDIT: ^They give you the option to delete and hide whatever you don't want others to see. Alternatively, you could just do what I did and make a new Facebook account with no history. Quick and easy.

Oh, cool...so there is a way out of that. That's good.

I also find that avatar more memorable too Kensai...sorta.
Quote by slash_GNR666

Facebook is only as bad as you make it. I find the people that complain about it are only complaining because they don't set up their privacy controls and they add every random asshole they see.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Kensai

This man is a liar. I still haven't been punched in the face.
Quote by Hippy's Son

Conveniently, timeline is not compulsory

But if they make it compulsory, then you shouldn't post things you don't want people to read. And you can put your privacy settings to max, and then proceed to not accept friend requests from people you don't want reading your shit

You'll get the hang of it
Quote by coco-loco
Yeah, I think my sister's been complaining about that. Aren't websites you've visited also published on the Timeline?

Actually, the timeline won't really be a problem for you if you make one now. It's just the people who have had it for a few years that it starts to get creepy. And only if you choose to share those websites on Facebook.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
I wouldn't get it, I hate my fb wish everyday that I could get rid of it XD
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary
Quote by StewieSwan
Facebook is only as bad as you make it. I find the people that complain about it are only complaining because they don't set up their privacy controls and they add every random asshole they see.

This, basically. People always complain about Facebook being a privacy concern, somehow not realizing that the only information Facebook has is the information you give it yourself, and the only people that can see it are the people you give permission to see it.
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
The timeline is completely optional. And people can only see anything you posted on any date/time if you give them permission to do so. And people being able to see what you post is kind of the point of social networking....

OP, spend an hour making one and getting used to it. If you don't like it, delete it, and all you've lost is an hour of your time.

That's not a half-bad idea I guess.

Another one of my problems is that despite me liking a lot of people, I also hate a lot of people with a passion. I like to think that I'm an honest person, and frankly wouldn't add them, as I don't like them.

I don't want to start shit at my school cause I haven't added people and the like. People are immature, y'know

Another point is that some of those people think that they're friends with me
Quote by slash_GNR666

Quote by coco-loco

No, not unless you click the "Like" button on that website.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by Macabre_Turtle

If it's optional then why won't it go away!

Quote by coco-loco

Iunno didn't have it long enough to explore it, but basically someone can select any date/time and see all you did at that date. I find it weird.

Quote by wyldthing
So you want everyone on your Friends list to see what you have written, except you don't want them to be able to look back on it in the future? lolok

Uh, yeah.
Quote by ThorVonClemson
Be thankful your parents care about you man.
A guy like you could easily be mistaken for a lady and be violently raped.

I'm virile, fertile, scream when I come.
Here's a good general rule of the internet: Don't post shit you don't want people to know. It's not that difficult.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by centorium

Yeah, that's another reason that I'm hesitant getting it. I have an addictive nature and I think I could get addicted pretty quickly.

Quote by lushacrous
Actually, the timeline won't really be a problem for you if you make one now. It's just the people who have had it for a few years that it starts to get creepy. And only if you choose to share those websites on Facebook.

Quote by Ninja Vampirate
Conveniently, timeline is not compulsory

But if they make it compulsory, then you shouldn't post things you don't want people to read. And you can put your privacy settings to max, and then proceed to not accept friend requests from people you don't want reading your shit

You'll get the hang of it

Quote by StewieSwan

Alright, that's great, thanks guys, I didn't realise that it wasn't compulsory.

Quote by daytripper75
This man is a liar. I still haven't been punched in the face.

I'm reconsidering getting one now :P
Quote by slash_GNR666

Well, I don't have a timeline because I have chosen to have a timeline. I'm sure a Google search can provide a way to get rid of the timeline. And if it can't.... well then, that's a sure sign that it will eventually be compulsory and I'll be leaving Facebook because that shit's annoying.
Quote by Hippy's Son

Uh, yeah.

Then why the hell did you post it in the first place? Do you want to shed responsibility for your actions after a certain period of time? Seems mature.
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
Quote by StewieSwan
Here's a good general rule of the internet: Don't post shit you don't want people to know. It's not that difficult.

Nononon, that wouldn't be a problem, thanks
Quote by slash_GNR666

I clicked the third poll option TS. Follow your heart my son.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
I'm giving this thread 6 minutes. After that I'll make my final decision based on the poll :P
Quote by slash_GNR666

Quote by centorium
wut
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by stealstrings
I clicked the third poll option TS. Follow your heart my son.

And thank you for voting my son
Quote by slash_GNR666

6 minutes later and there are 3 options with the same amount of votes great

Thanks anyway all of you guys (seriously)
Quote by slash_GNR666

no
Quote by edgeyyz
It's like everyone's getting laid and I'm the only virgin...

Quote by Nunwhxre 666
I now dub thee, Fapking.

Bow down to the Fapking!

Shoop Group!
Facebook is fun when you troll people heheheh
(>•&bull> $$$$$ <(••<

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Jackson DK2
1991 Jackson Fusion Pro
Peavey Triple X Super 40
Quote by coco-loco

Oh god, I hope not
I prefer the timeline to whatever they had before. It's easier to organize things on it in terms of privacy, it's just that I had to spend some time going through it and hiding stuff before I activated it.

But you won't have that problem if you're getting it now, and you don't seem like a derpshit who would post stupidly inane things so I think you should get one
cat
Don't get it, or you'll become a hopeless, unproductive addict like me. I voted 'no' because I want to spare you the same fate.
XIAOXI
I'd say do it, it can always be deleted.
What makes you not want to have a facebook anyway?
2010's Sexiest Female Uger

Quote by I AM DEREK
What is a TS anyway?

Kidding or serious? It means "Thread Starter". :P It's how people address the original poster when they can't be bothered writing the actual username.
XIAOXI
Quote by Abunai X
Kidding or serious? It means "Thread Starter". :P It's how people address the original poster when they can't be bothered writing the actual username.

No really. I've seen OP but not TS.
Page 1 of 2