Not sure how many people here play WC3 but, Blizz has recently ****ed up.

Basically, people use bots to host games alot, it's kind of a problem and people have complained about it.

So what they've done is made it so that, as soon as a game begins, people get instantly kicked from the game.
Fair enough, maybe people will start hosting games without bots.
However, now they won't let people join games hosted without a bot.
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
I'm sure there are private servers you can play on, just like iCCup from Brood War.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Starcraft I and Diablo II are better anyway.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Represent
It's funny how you think that people will actually give a shit about your rant.

It's funny how little you contribute to life.

As said above, try find some private servers
I love my keyboardist, he's hot.

Quote by phlip999
The Pit is the epitome of higher learning and full of intillectual people who help the masses solve their problems.

The Llama Forum Bagel Group
Quote by Represent

Aren't you just a swell new user.
Quote by lolmnt
turns out I can join private/non bot games.

However, the bots are still there and they take up alot of space on the list
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Quote by Represent

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1502747

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1502479

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1502422

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1502418

Cool story dude, but I thought his story was cooler than all of yours, dude.

I haven't played since SCII came out because of this problem. WCIII has really nice custom maps but getting a game going is ridiculously hard, unless you wanna play dota. As your post right above this says, that is how it was when I left.

9/10 games are tons of bot hosts, many of which have no way to start until a full house is there, which makes finding anything you want to play and any time soon incredibly hard.
Last edited by garden of grey at Dec 26, 2011,
Quote by StewieSwan
Good

Why don't you want people to be able to easily host a game?
Quote by lolmnt
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by garden of grey
9/10 games are tons of bot hosts, many of which have no way to start until a full house is there, which makes finding anything you want to play and any time soon incredibly hard.

Tbh, some of the bot hosted games are pretty fun.
But, DotA isn't really fun for me to play (It's a good game but, the recipe system and players are annoying).

I hope this doesn't kill warcraft 3
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Quote by Crazyedd123
Tbh, some of the bot hosted games are pretty fun.
But, DotA isn't really fun for me to play (It's a good game but, the recipe system and players are annoying).

I hope this doesn't kill warcraft 3

I doubt it will, like I said, some private server will become really popular with its own ladder system and such, and you could just play on there.

I mean, I can't imagine many people play W3 still with better DotA games and better RTS games out
Quote by lolmnt
Quote by Sonicxlover
Dude you just got served

garden's a white dude... but if he was a small African child, he would say

Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
"hello again every1. Aftr dat bad day with the pit yesterday i decided to make amands with you all. Im sorry for soundin like a troll/adbot. but you guys need 2 say sry 2 because ur behavior was inexusable. so here we go, lets start fresh.

I need advice. i took my girl of my dream on a date. we went 2 da movies and I did the classick yawn and reach arm around her (it worked ). Then she said she wantd 2 go somewere where we would b alone. so we sat by the lake at night and suddenly she kept trying to reach down my pants. I backed away & the date ended there. I took her home and b4 we seprated she tried to do it again. i dnt understand why she would try 2 do these things! wat is she after? she kept wanking at me (aka blinking with one eye) thru the whole skool day. what should i do, pit?

thanks everyone

pfft i c people typin wurse than me on da net. y is every1 makin a big deal out of dis? i see othr threads on ug with worse grammer nd evry1 takes dem seriusly. plz piss off, u clearly hav da mentl problms and try 2 take out angr on da net. i jst ask 4 andvice and u bring dis bs? shame on u. shame on u for doin all that. look at my sig. it says 'if you dnt hav smthin to say thats' nice, dnt say at all'. i wud beet u up if i eva saw u. look out.

You were in the hospital last fall. How is it being back on the road? Fitzgerald: I’m thankful that I’m up and working again. I’ve been having a ball singing in places like Dallas and San Francisco, and I’m happy the way people have received me. The audiences have been wonderful. Have you modified your touring schedule in recent years? We don’t work as much as we used to, but we still try to get to as many places as we can. Are you working on an album? There’s a record with [guitarist] Joe Pass that I’m working on, and I’ve got a couple other things in mind. Lately we’ve been touring a lot. When we stop I’ll be ready to finish the album with Joe. What do you think of critics who try to classify you as a jazz or a pop singer? I don’t know what I am. I don’t care whether people call me jazz or pop. I just love to sing, and I try to sing whatever I think people want to hear. Songs that fit my style. Do you have many modern pop songs in your repertoire right now? Some of them I like—some of the songs that I think fit me. Tunes by Paul Williams and Stevie Wonder. I try to reach my jazz fans, but I also like to reach young people. Of the albums you’ve made, what are your personal favorites? Well, you always wish you could do certain albums over. I like the Songbooks—it was like a new beginning for me. It gave me a chance to broaden my repertoire and make more fans. No matter where we go people ask me for those tunes, even though the albums were made so long ago. How would you compare yourself to your great contemporary Billie Holiday? There was only one Billie Holiday. She had a different type of feeling than I do. She had her own original style, and nobody could touch it. Are you happy with the way your career has progressed? I’m grateful to be as popular as I am, and happy to have been popular for so many years. Who wouldn’t be?You were in the hospital last fall. How is it being back on the road? Fitzgerald: I’m thankful that I’m up and working again. I’ve been having a ball singing in places like Dallas and San Francisco, and I’m happy the way people have received me. The audiences have been wonderful. Have you modified your touring schedule in recent years? We don’t work as much as we used to, but we still try to get to as many places as we can. Are you working on an album? There’s a record with [guitarist] Joe Pass that I’m working on, and I’ve got a couple other things in mind. Lately we’ve been touring a lot. When we stop I’ll be ready to finish the album with Joe. What do you think of critics who try to classify you as a jazz or a pop singer? I don’t know what I am. I don’t care whether people call me jazz or pop. I just love to sing, and I try to sing whatever I think people want to hear. Songs that fit my style. Do you have many modern pop songs in your repertoire right now? Some of them I like—some of the songs that I think fit me. Tunes by Paul Williams and Stevie Wonder. I try to reach my jazz fans, but I also like to reach young people. Of the albums you’ve made, what are your personal favorites? Well, you always wish you could do certain albums over. I like the Songbooks—it was like a new beginning for me. It gave me a chance to broaden my repertoire and make more fans. No matter where we go people ask me for those tunes, even though the albums were made so long ago. How would you compare yourself to your great contemporary Billie Holiday? There was only one Billie Holiday. She had a different type of feeling than I do. She had her own original style, and nobody could touch it. Are you happy with the way your career has progressed? I’m grateful to be as popular as I am, and happy to have been popular for so many years. Who wouldn’t be?

hello again every1. Aftr dat bad day with the pit yesterday i decided to make amands with you all. Im sorry for soundin like a troll/adbot. but you guys need 2 say sry 2 because ur behavior was inexusable. so here we go, lets start fresh.

hi pit. please be nice 2day bcuz im

i went on anothr date with my grl of my dream and we wer both awkwad dis time. in da end, she said dat she luvd some1 else and she ejected me as her bf. i dnt get it. im a guitar playr nd she left me 4 a fap dancer!! (da guy dances on skool plays nd stuff) wat did i do wrong? why dsnt she like me like dat other day? its so depressin

im feelin real jelly rit now 4 dat tap dancr. i cnt beleeve dat dis iz da end. i stil hav feelins 4 hr. i cnt stop tinkin about her! how do i gt over it? i keep imaginin me beetin up her new bf. shud i do dis? if no, wat shud i do 2 help make me feel gd?

dnt bothr trollin me cuz i'll jst ignor u."

-The Best of William Shakespeare
Last edited by garden of grey at Dec 26, 2011,
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Why don't you want people to be able to easily host a game?

I'm biased against MMOs.
PM me for newts
Quote by StewieSwan
I'm biased against MMOs.

It's not an MMO like World of Warcraft, though. There is actually a lot of thought and skill behind RTS games.
Quote by lolmnt
I don't even know the problem but Blizzard is pretty shit. My account got hacked and I got virtually 0 tech support.

/unrelated rant
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
It's not an MMO like World of Warcraft, though. There is actually a lot of thought and skill behind RTS games.

Exactly, RTS games have a different type of think fast element to them than FPS do. I don't play any lifer games and I like variety, RTS are great, just a little too hard for most bros.
Quote by DimebagLivesOn

It's not the content that bothers me, it's the fact that so many people waste away their lives with these games. Someone in my immediate family is hopelessly addicted to online gaming and it makes me really sad. As I said, I'm quite biased.
PM me for newts
Quote by StewieSwan
It's not the content that bothers me, it's the fact that so many people waste away their lives with these games. Someone in my immediate family is hopelessly addicted to online gaming and it makes me really sad. As I said, I'm quite biased.

Ah, fair enough, sorry to hear

You will always hate all the things I enjoy ;-;
Quote by lolmnt
Quote by StewieSwan

Getting into WoW is entirely different from playing WC3 or SC1/SC2. There is intense character development in games like WoW, where if you are playing from an honest start, you have to vest a part of your life into the character in the game. Unlike those kinds of games, as garden said, RTS games are more skill/time management/quick decision making intensive, because it runs game to game, rather than forever. You can be addicted to an RTS though.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by garden of grey
Exactly, RTS games have a different type of think fast element to them than FPS do. I don't play any lifer games and I like variety, RTS are great, just a little too hard for most bros.

Well, yeah, but I wasn't comparing RTS games to shooters.
Quote by lolmnt
I used to love playing Lotr custom map wars on Warcraft 3. And the TD games were the shit as well. Alas, gamaing thread.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all