thinking of building an amplifier similair to the jcm 800 or the 2550 silver jubilee. got the contacts to make a job like this come together, just cant find a decent pcb for the circuitry. (although ofcourse im not copying the marshall design).
is this worth the hassle though??
let me know if you guys have any experience here or have any info on complete designs for these amp, thanks
Quote by AcousticMirror
that amp can be built on turret board.

cool, cheers. want it to be as close to the original design as possible though. do you know where i could get the designs?
i built a Marshall 1984x clone. that wasn't too bad. i got all of my parts in a kit from turretboards.com (they also have another name), and i was lucky enough to flip it on and it lit up, that is very nice. they don't always go that way.

i am in progress of tracing a short on a JTM45, that is done except for the short. it has been pissing me off more and more, so i haven't touched it for a few weeks...

it is fun, can be frustrating. i would HIGHLY recommend a quality solder station and something like a "third hand" makes life easier.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Don't if you don't know what you're doing. Poking around in tube amps can kill you, and it's not really that hard to get a lethal shock from one.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Quote by AtaBorMan
Don't if you don't know what you're doing. Poking around in tube amps can kill you, and it's not really that hard to get a lethal shock from one.

as long as you do some reading up on safety, and have taken some precautions with common sense its not that dangerous. just know what you are doing and pay close attention.

any time i work on anything that has stored power or is on, i shut the door and lock it, turn my cell off (not even on vibrate), and keep a hand in my pocket. all of that i strongly consider as necessity.

really though, you aren't running any current to it at all for 90% of the build, after it is working and on.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/