So i decided to buy a orange 2x12 Closed back cabinet but i was in a rush so i just paid the guy at the shop and left asap.

now that im at home...i realised that theres no manual or warranty for this thing. Do cabinets usually come with a manual or at least some warranty??

Also, i see that there are two input jacks 1/4'' behind the cabinet so which input jack should i use.

Lastly, since this speaker is 16 ohms, should i plug this into the 16 ohms input jack of a Amp Head or should i plug it into a lower ohm rating( e.g. the amp head has a choice of 4 ohm,8 ohm 16 ohm)
I now have a signature
There really is no manual needed for a cab, you plug it in the head, plug the power in the head, turn it on, play. Simple. As for warranty there shouldn't be an issue with that since its a cab, but if you bought it new you might as well get it. If you buy used there's no warranty to receive. If it breaks (which won't happen unless your cranking your amp insanely high at 200W or using it as a surfboard), then you are boned.

You match the ohm of the cab with the ohm jack of the amp, which in this case is 16 on the closed back PPC 2x12.

I don't actually have the cab yet myself but I ordered the same one, if I'm right those two input jacks shouldn't matter, whichever one is fine, as long as they go into the jack that supports 16 ohms on your head.
They generally come with some manufacture's warranty, you can probably find it around online or on Orange's website. Either way, in my experience stores usually just hand over the cabinet to you with nothing else. They don't really require a manual; they're just a box of speakers. I'm sure you can find all of that info online though, a lot of companies upload their manuals online.

As for the input, you want to match the numbers. Since your cab is 16 ohms, you need to plug it into the 16 ohm jack on your amp head. It doesn't matter which input you use on the cabinet, either will work.

This might help if you want to understand the process better: http://www.legendarytones.com/ohms.html
Quote by Malice26
There really is no manual needed for a cab, you plug it in the head, plug the power in the head, turn it on, play. Simple. As for warranty there shouldn't be an issue with that since its a cab, but if you bought it new you might as well get it. If you buy used there's no warranty to receive. If it breaks (which won't happen unless your cranking your amp insanely high at 200W or using it as a surfboard), then you are boned.

You match the ohm of the cab with the ohm jack of the amp, which in this case is 16 on the closed back PPC 2x12.

I don't actually have the cab yet myself but I ordered the same one, if I'm right those two input jacks shouldn't matter, whichever one is fine, as long as they go into the jack that supports 16 ohms on your head.

since you got yourself the same cabinet, did yours come with a warranty? I bought mine new but no sign of any warranty...the box that it came with didnt have anything besides the cabinet itself.

I know its good to match the ohms rating between the head and cab but what if youc connect your head 8 ohms rating into the 16 ohms cab? it wont destroy the amp right unless you connect a amp head that has a higher rating that the cab
I now have a signature
Quote by jnsw
since you got yourself the same cabinet, did yours come with a warranty? I bought mine new but no sign of any warranty...the box that it came with didnt have anything besides the cabinet itself.

I know its good to match the ohms rating between the head and cab but what if youc connect your head 8 ohms rating into the 16 ohms cab? it wont destroy the amp right unless you connect a amp head that has a higher rating that the cab

Well I got it from a family member whos in the business so she made sure it was included, as for you best thing would be to go back and simply ask, show them the receipt if you at least have that for proof. If you can't get though, don't worry. Orange builds quality stuff and this cab I can guarantee will never break on you unless you have crap luck, but still it would never hurt to attempt to get a year warranty. Might cost a penny or too though, and its usually done online, search up the Orange website is another option, call customer service. See what they have to say.

I honestly don't know the consequences of mixing ohms, so honestly don't do it and find out. If it doesn't break your amp in some way, then I know for sure its definitely not going to work. The ohms have to be matched correctly.
Just a little general fact too (just being sure), plug in the amp to the cab BEFORE plugging the amp in to the power, unless you want fried tubes.
You can use either jack, but do not use both at the same time. The cab isn't stereo so you can't use 2 separate amps with it. The speakers/jacks are wired in parallel so if you had another 16 ohm cabinet you could take a speaker from the extra jack on the orange, to the input of the other cabinet. Keep in mind if you do this though, you would have to use an 8 ohm speaker out on your amp.