Alright so this is a bit of a long story but heres basically the question if you don't have time for a wall of text:

I want to get 3 push pull pots for my guitar, on stewart mac they're like 12 bucks a pop and on radio shack they're 4. However, at radioshack they don't have the grooves for the guitar knobs and they might not hold the guitar knobs. Is there a work around for the knobs falling off (besides not having one) or am I doomed to blowing off 36 bucks.

Le Story: I have a seymour duncan black out (active) and I like my stock neck pickup (passive) and I want to keep both. Unfortunately they use different ohm pots, and I only have 4 holes drilled in my guitar (including the switch).

This means that they will need separate tone and volume pots, which requires 4 pots. So I was thinking I'd have the push pots be the on off switch for the pickup, another on off switch for the high output mode on the seymour duncan, and then I can just put the extra pot where the switch is.

Yes I know you need a battery for active pickups, I'm thinking of just wrapping it in electrical tape and sticking it in behind the pots.
Last edited by zomgguitarz1234 at Dec 26, 2011,
Quote by &baconstrips
http://www.effectsconnection.com/oscommerce/index.php?cPath=3&osCsid=4f869dde3990311fa8c391fb0fa9ad74

Alpha push pull pots for $3. Only 250k and 500k, no 25k for active though.

Sounds like a sweet set up. You might want to make sure your control cavity is deep enough to fit push-pulls.

Nice, and I'm pretty sure it is deep enough although I'll make the measurements soon (no ruler on hand right now) and damn, I'll still hav to shell out like 24 bucks for 2 25k ones :|.

Love Ebay Although couldn't I just get one that could switch back and forth? And not have 2 that individually control whether or not each pickup is on/off
Last edited by zomgguitarz1234 at Dec 27, 2011,
Quote by zomgguitarz1234
Although couldn't I just get one that could switch back and forth? And not have 2 that individually control whether or not each pickup is on/off

You could do that, unless you want to be able to use both at the same time. Not sure if you can use a passive and an active pickup simultaneously like that though.

I guess if you have a switch for neck/bridge, and one for the booster, then you'll only need 2 pots, which you can use 250/500k for, which would save you a bunch. It would also be easier to switch between neck and bridge than if you had 2 switches. It's also really easy to wire either way