So, I'm looking to buy a new guitar with a fixed bridge. Generally speaking, I play metal and I already have the Schecter Hellraiser with a Floyd Rose. I'm buying a fixed bridge for use in D Standard and Drop C tunings.

I was pretty set on this guitar: http://www.espguitars.com/guitars/ltd-standard-deluxe/ec-1000_vb.html. It looks amazing (though not strictly "metul") and it's in my price range but when I tried it out in the shop it didn't impress too much.

Basically asking for any input from UG. Any other les paul shapes for the same price w/ EMGs? Any other guitars for the same price (fixed bridge) which you think are worth checking out? Also, I'm not totally disregarding 7-strings so if anyone has any idea about which 7 strings are good, do tell. Thanks in advance.

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
ESP LTD MH-1000NT
Marshall AVT100
Boss ME-70

Quote by stratdud39
Thank you for your words of wisdom.
Well don't blow money on something you don't like. Do you like your Hellraiser? If you do, check out the Schecter Hellraiser Solo or something like that....it's a modified LP shape with EMGS, i think the fixed bridge version is $750, but if you're willing to go used, you might be able to pick one up for about $450 to $500 in almost mint condition with a hard case. Schecter's don't hold value well so I wouldn't advise buying new. For example, i bought a C-7 Hellraiser almost mint with a case for $450 with a case, so like half of the new price. Hope that helps.
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6. Basically the exact same thing, but you might like the neck better since you already play a Schecter.

Dean Deceivers look pretty sweet too.
Any opinions on the Schecter Blackjack ATX C-7?

ESP LTD MH-1000NT
Marshall AVT100
Boss ME-70

Quote by stratdud39
Quote by s-o-u-l-f-l-y
Any opinions on the Schecter Blackjack ATX C-7?

These are sick. I'm not even a fan of Schecter, and I like em. If you're into 7 strings, You can't go wrong with it. Clear tone for a 7 string, and super reliable. My friend dropped his multiple times from a wall hanger, and it go zero damage.
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
Peavey Classic 50 power amp
GK Neo 4x10
Quote by paintballcrazy7
These are sick. I'm not even a fan of Schecter, and I like em. If you're into 7 strings, You can't go wrong with it. Clear tone for a 7 string, and super reliable. My friend dropped his multiple times from a wall hanger, and it go zero damage.

Since you own the EC-1000 how does it compare? And how do you like the LTD anyway?

ESP LTD MH-1000NT
Marshall AVT100
Boss ME-70

Quote by stratdud39
I love my EC-1000. Ive had it for year. I complained on here that the P-ups weren't cutting it for metal, because I got the model with the JB/'59's but they SCREAM in a properly EQ-ed amp. I highly recommend em. I played the silver burst version of the model you're talking about with the EMG's and loved it. There's a chance you may of played that guitar and the EMG's batter had been a bit dead and cut the tone. [not to sound like a d-bag, but some people jump to the big things before the little easy solutions.]
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
Peavey Classic 50 power amp
GK Neo 4x10
I think the Blackjack ATX C-7 would be a great guitar. Like i said, i had a C-7 Hellraiser and I loved it. Add in SD Blackouts and an ebony fretboard would be a winner for me. I think you would like either of the Schecters mentioned....might want to give another ltd a try though if you just played one. Might have been a lemon.
I love my EC-1000, of which I've had about just under a year now also in the vintage black finish which I still love. I tried two out in stores, one which wasn't nice to play at all, bad intonation, rusty strings, dirty and unclean, which I wasn't fond of, then played another one which wasn't perfect condition but better and I absolutely love it. So what I'm getting at is maybe try out another one, if you really like the looks and the spec's of it, ultimately it must just not be the guitar for you, but they're held in very high regard most places and in most peoples opinions.
Thanks guys. I know the EC-1000 is considered one of LTD's (if not ESP's) best guitars for the money especially when you compare it to the ESP Eclipse version for twice the price. I love the specs and the aesthetics but I guess playing it just didn't "wow" me most likely because I already own a fairly high end guitar.

Ebony fretboard is pretty much a "must" for me. My friends Japanese ESP Horizon has one and I love it. Active pick ups also a "must". The Blackjack is roughly the same price and it's a 7-string. Still torn on whether to get a 6 or 7 string but there's still the 6-string version of the blackjack. Either way, thanks for your input. I appreciate it.

ESP LTD MH-1000NT
Marshall AVT100
Boss ME-70

Quote by stratdud39