So I picked up a Tiny Terror a couple months ago, and while I really loved it at first I found it won't fit in with my other gear very well and it isn't worth it to keep it around... unless...trading it in and picking up a cabinet would be a bad idea?

Right now I have a traynor ycv50b, big muff w/ wicker, Fulltone OCD which gives me all the tonal variety I will ever need already. I have never owned a cabinet so I have a couple questions.

Would there be a big difference between a 2x12 or a 4x12 for a 'wall of sound effect?'

I understand Avatar cabs are great, but what speakers could go well with my amp? Eminence Swamp Thang? I find the ycv50 to be kinda bright and I play a strat by the by

Last time I checked there was a used marshall 1960B cab. Thoughts?

Thanks a bunch. I have been playing for quite some time now but I have absolutely no experience with cabs and speakers so if anyone could give advice you have no idea how grateful I would be. Thanks
I am Jimmy. I have cracked the corn and nobody cares.
Quote by The_Nowhereman
So I picked up a Tiny Terror a couple months ago, and while I really loved it at first I found it won't fit in with my other gear very well and it isn't worth it to keep it around... unless...trading it in and picking up a cabinet would be a bad idea?

Right now I have a traynor ycv50b, big muff w/ wicker, Fulltone OCD which gives me all the tonal variety I will ever need already. I have never owned a cabinet so I have a couple questions.

Would there be a big difference between a 2x12 or a 4x12 for a 'wall of sound effect?'

I understand Avatar cabs are great, but what speakers could go well with my amp? Eminence Swamp Thang? I find the ycv50 to be kinda bright and I play a strat by the by

Last time I checked there was a used marshall 1960B cab. Thoughts?

Thanks a bunch. I have been playing for quite some time now but I have absolutely no experience with cabs and speakers so if anyone could give advice you have no idea how grateful I would be. Thanks

i don't really know what you mean by saying it doesn't fit in well. not all things need to fit in. i have three rigs that i run, all for different things. its not like you have to use all of your gear at a gig. i would be screwed (IIRC 9 cabs 11 all tube heads).

i like different tones, and your TT is certainly very different than your Traynor. totally different. YMMV.

as far as the 2x12" and 4x12" it really depends on the cab, i have a heard Port City 2x12" cab a buddy of mine had and used a lot. it sounded equal to more massive than quite a few 4x12"s (especially some the cheap cabs).

i can understanding wanting a cab, but typically if you mic a combo, it doesn't sound much different than mic'ing a 4x12" would. iif you are playing out where you dont get mic'd, i would go with the cab.

2x12"s are a little more friendly to haul, size and weight i have a Trans Am and i don't have a lot of room for gear, it is also caged lol. i can by some miracle fit a Orange PPC212OB, (which are more compact 2x12"s and are open back) a guitar, head, and a bag with essentials (strings, picks, batteries, and what not. i could never fit a bigger cab in that car.

if i am gigging i rely on somebody else to fit my 4x12" my dad has a cargo van, but its too damn big for me to drive, and there are no windows in back and it has really dark tint, so it sucks to back up.

just a thought.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
^ what he said

you can always get different speakers to for some slightly different recording options. Like a Swamp Thang and a Governor. Or a Private Jack and a Man O War.

I had an Avatar 212 closed back and really liked it. It had a G12H30 and a Classic Lead 80. Also, Avatar rebrands some Celestion speakers called Hellatones. Check those out too.
Avatar also sell Celestions and Eminence factory direct for some nice prices.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals