Page 3 of 147
Quote by add_g
How about The Beatles. I've heard stuff like Let it Be and Sargesent Pepper's, but what earlier albums should I give as try?v

I love how everybody avoids the albums that actually ARE their early albums

Please Please Me and With The Beatles. THAT is early material.
Quote by Lord_Doku
I love how everybody avoids the albums that actually ARE their early albums

Please Please Me and With The Beatles. THAT is early material.

It's because they suck. I mean, both those are decent and have a couple of nice songs, but they are incomparable to the stratospheric heights beatles reached later. Rubber Soul, even though it is no longer early, seems like the first worthwhile album to me.
Dream Theater - I'm already listening to Images & Words but which other album(s) have less wankery?

EDIT: and the same for Sigur Ros?
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Last edited by Emperor's Child at Dec 27, 2011,
Quote by RGallagherFan
Brian Jonestown Massacre?

Their Satanic Majesties' Second Request
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Tool and Meshuggah

Where do I start?
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by Adam124
Tool and Meshuggah

Where do I start?

Start with Lateraus and 10000 Days for Tool.
Quote by Adam124
Tool and Meshuggah

Where do I start?

Actually I would advice you to start with Aenema. And get into that cusp, then explore back and forth between Opiate and 10,000.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Quote by Emperor's Child
Sigur Ros?

Takk has their most 'well known' stuff (hoppipolla, glosoli, saeglopur, etc) and is where I started but Agaetis Byrjun is in my opinion their best album.

Untitled is also really good (especially untitled 8) but I haven't really got into their other albums yet
Quote by Emperor's Child
Dream Theater - I'm already listening to Images & Words but which other album(s) have less wankery?

"Awake", "Falling into Infinity", and "Train of Thought" are all really good. Every Cream Theater album is going to have tons of shredding - that's what they do. But in particular "Train of Thought", they seemed to focus on the songwriting.
I'd like to help, but not as much as I'd like not to.

"To be successful, you need to be a good musician. To be popular, you just need to be fashionable" - Ritchie Blackmore
Quote by vagelier
Can someone do one for Genesis?
and maybe for queen?

For me, "Sheer Heart Attack", "A Night at the Opera", and "A Day at the Races" are the best.
You nailed the Beatles and Stones picks, BTW.
I'd like to help, but not as much as I'd like not to.

"To be successful, you need to be a good musician. To be popular, you just need to be fashionable" - Ritchie Blackmore
Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
yes there is a thread on this already, i remember because crazy8rgood posted a bunch of albums and the best album to get into by each band and i looked them all up and fell inlove.
Quote by MeteoraTortuga
Buckethead !!!

if you want to hear a non shred album listen to population override
if you want to hear a shred album listen to the elephant mans alarm clock
if you want to hear an acoustic album listen to acoustic shards
if you want a metal album listen to cukoo clocks from hell
if you want a soft relaxing album listen to coma
if you want to h..holy **** this is going to go on for days!
Quote by beadhangingOne
Also, this Nick Cave fellow. He keeps popping up in random discussions, I want to see what all the hubbub is about.

The Good Son by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds is very good. I was a h8r 'til I heard that album.
I want to get into 311

but I don't even know what they are, I hear them on the radio and look them up on youtube after, but the radio stuff and the youtube stuff are not the same at all

help plz?
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
zooey deschanels pants. how do i go about getting into them?
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by guitarxo
Frank Turner?

Love Ire & Song, although his new one (England Keep My Bones) isn't bad at all.
Quote by guitarxo
Frank Turner?

Personally I think Love, Ire and Song, though Sleep is for the Weak is also a great album. It's a bit more low fi and basic sounding. Leave his latest two till last, they're not as good imo
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by Eggmond
zooey deschanels pants. how do i go about getting into them?

Front a couple commercially successful indie rock bands.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
I can ask about The Strokes. What I've heard of The Strokes so far is rather boring. Do they have any creative and original album?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by schecter ftw
Give "Is This It?" a listen.

I started with the first track and I found it to be rather horrible. I don't think I like The Strokes. Back to Babyshambles for me.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
I started with the first track and I found it to be rather horrible. I don't think I like The Strokes. Back to Babyshambles for me.

Stop being a 12 year old girl and listen to the full album. Some music takes multiple listens to get into.
Quote by guitarxo
Frank Turner?

Sleep is For The Week and Love Ire & Song are the two more lo-fi albums. Poetry of The Deed and England Keep My Bones incorporate a full band more.

Start with Sleep is For The Week.

Just listen to all of them.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
I can ask about The Strokes. What I've heard of The Strokes so far is rather boring. Do they have any creative and original album?

Is This It contains the Strokes' greatest songwriting, in their winning indie rock formula. Sound-wise, it's very similar throughout the album, so if you don't like the sound, don't listen to this.
Angles contains some good songs, but all far better executed, and much more rocking and diverse sound-wise.
Try Angles. If you don't like that, maybe the Strokes just isn't for you. Oh and give Is This It another listen. It will grow on you.
Quote by schecter ftw
Stop being a 12 year old girl and listen to the full album. Some music takes multiple listens to get into.

Well, I don't enjoy The Strokes sound to be fair. I've tried it before. It's just far too sterile and monotone for me.

People always told me that if I liked Libertines and Babyshambles I would enjoy The Strokes but I can't really hear any similarites. Maybe I'm not an indie kind of guy.
Quote by schecter ftw
But seriously, just start with their first album, like you should be doing.

Usually my rule

But there are exceptions, especially when it comes to very popular bands with several albums. Chances are, they managed to improve on their debut over the years.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I suggest you change the name of this thread to something more concise and specific because I thought this was going to be a drunk mod venting his problems and I thought I was going to have a good laugh
Found a band called Death In June but they've got over 30years worth of albums and I don't know where to start. Erm, suggestions?
Quote by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
Found a band called Death In June but they've got over 30years worth of albums and I don't know where to start. Erm, suggestions?

First album, or check them out at "rateyourmusic" and see what their highest rated album is.
Quote by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT

Leprosy is their best album in my opinion, Human comes second.
I want to start listening to your mum, where should I start?
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
thanks everyone

Quote by Thrashtastic15

Just listen to all of them.

I knew you'd say something like this
cat
Quote by guitarxo
thanks everyone

I knew you'd say something like this

Well then why did you even bother asking if you already knew the answer?
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
St anger is the gateway Metallica album.

was the first album i actually listened to by them

i enjoyed some of it, still enjoy some of it.

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Well then why did you even bother asking if you already knew the answer?

because your answer didn't help! Well, the first part of it did but you probably just copied that from due or jambi
cat