I just got an m-audio fast track USB used at a pawn shop, it didnt come with any software at all ,so now im stuck here confused....If theres any cheap/free softwares out there help a brotha out.....btw all the torrents on pirate bay are B.S.
Im not looking for guitar rig or simulators of the such , i just want somethihg that can record audio.
Quote by thesexiestofall
I just got an m-audio fast track USB used at a pawn shop, it didnt come with any software at all ,so now im stuck here confused....If theres any cheap/free softwares out there help a brotha out.....btw all the torrents on pirate bay are B.S.
Im not looking for guitar rig or simulators of the such , i just want somethihg that can record audio.

i have the identical thing right next to me on my foot stool. Reaper is supposedly a decent free DAW, i haven't tried it, but a lot of people use it on here and they seem to make good quality recordings. i have also heard of Audacity (again haven't tried yet), but have heard good things and good recordings. if i can fix my laptop i will let you know from experience.

unfortunately is that i likely need a new computer to run it. i need my desktop in my office, my laptop is old and tired, and obviously i don't think it works on my android tablet or net-book. lol.

when i get a new computer i will upgrade to a much better unit. 12 or 16 track.

one thing to think of as far as DAW's go is that one community college around where i live has a certificate program for Pro-tools. i will probably take it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Audacity is a free program you could use
Quote by ghostnineone
i got my guitar caught in my ceiling fan today

guitars fine though
If you know where to look you won't find BS torrents!

Anyway, I'm not sure what you can get for free...I know Ableton is pretty well recommended. If you got a mac Garageband is a great place to try recording things, and if you upgrade to Logic the learning curve won't be as steep.
Reaper, hands down.
PRS SC245
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Quilter OD200, 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
Quote by Vulcan
Reaper, hands down.

This, REAPER is amazing and cheap with an unlimited evaluation.
Quote by smirnoff_black
Have you ever done this before? It's freakin' sweet! Earlier today, I was bored as hell just laying on my bed. I had an erection, so I started to use my penis as a gear stick and I was pretending I was driving. Has anyone else here ever tired this?
+1 for reaper
Running through:

Engl Fireball
Engl Slanted Cab
Ibanez Xiphos
Schecter C-1 FR Black
Ibanez GRG (on its way)

Pedals:
Boss Noise Gate, Zakk Wylde Overdrive, Boss Tuner, Zakk Wylde Wah.
I use Audacity and have used it for years with different mics and boards without any issue. it is a very straightforward easy to use free program. There is a TON of love for reaper on this board. I have not tried reaper yet but it has a lot of love. Download both and see which one feels right to you.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Quote by thesexiestofall

Torrents, isnt that like stealing?
Audacity is horrid. It is not a proper DAW and has too many limitations to be useful for anything more than recording little song ideas. If you start using it now, it will teach you the "dumbed down" way of recording, and you will have A LOT of trouble ever trying to use something different.

Download Reaper. It is free to evaluate (Which lasts as long as you want - The website says 30 days, but it will still continue to work after that) and should you choose to support the developer, only $60 to buy the license. It is just as good as any of the big name DAWs out there (Pro Tools, Cubase, Sonar, Logic, Studio One, etc.), and can do everything that they can do. The learning curve is fairly simple compared to everything else. Doing basic recordings is as easy as learning how to make a new track, arm it to record and hit record.

P.S. Please do not mention torrents. Illegally downloading software is not supported by Ultimate-Guitar and it is against forum rules to suggest it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Reaper, Reaper, Reaper. Ive used it for the past year, with the same and another interface that you're using. Get the asio4all driver as well. itll help cut down latency. there's other drivers that are good as well, but my favorite is asio. i get next to no latency with that driver. when you change drivers, to eliminate another thread because this can be a pain for new users...

go to options-preferences- device- audio system. switch it to asio driver. It should set itself the right way.

on m-audio's site, there should be a link to follow for the proper device software/ drivers as well. hopefully this helps!
"Then I just had a cage full of mice."
audacity isnt good enough to record my farts.reaper is your best option
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by Eggmond
audacity isnt good enough to record my farts.reaper is your best option

Yopu just made me laugh... oddly enough, i have recorded farts with my interface, an sm-57, and reaper...

"Then I just had a cage full of mice."
This guy here: http://www.kompoundmusic.com/about_aaron.php

He has worked as an assistant to Rick Ruben and with bands such as Megadeth, Sheryl Crow, Gin Blossoms, Black Eyed Peas.... he LOVES Reaper. I know him from other forums and this guy knows his stuff. Without having used Reaper myself, but based on my trust of his opinion, I have no issue at all recommending Reaper.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Reaper for sure. I've tried others and it's been my favorite hands down. It's free to try for 30 days (full version, not some demo bs) and a license is $60 after that. It's the best deal you can find. You can put it side by side with the big name DAW's and it will hold it's own.

http://www.reaper.fm

Give it a try and I'm sure you'll love it.