Page 1 of 2
^^^ topic
I don't think i've ever met anybody who can just listen to music. They seem to always have it on in the background or whatever, but they don't really focus on it. I personally love it. I sometimes just sit and listen to my music on iTunes for almost up to two hours and just totally enjoy it(maybe i'd be better at guitar if I used that time to practice).
Yeah, I love to just lay on my bed and listen to music. When I do that, though, it's almost always classical music.
Check out my band Disturbed
It's actually very relaxing, and fills me with energy - I've stopped using my favorite songs as "background" music so I can save it for when I can focus on it.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Every night before I go to bed. Everything off, turn on my ipod and just lay down and listen.
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
Yes I do, always have since I was a kid.

I've been known to pull a chair into the middle of the living room, turn off all the lights and crank it up.

In addition I usually listen to the whole album from beginning to end, in the original order from a CD on an actual stereo.

Sometimes I'll read the lyrics and/or sing along but other wise I'm listening to the song and not multitasking.
Every night that's all I do. I lay in the dark and just immerse myself in the music. Really helps me get into it since I have nothing else going on to distract me from it.

Try listening to the entirety of Februus by Uneven Structure like that. It's an incredible experience.
I love it. Whenever I have to do a TON of homework (meaning more than usual), I just sit there listening to one of my favorite albums from beginning to end. After the album is over, I might go take a shit and come back to finally start the homework.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Life is indeed a broken image.

Last.fm
PSN: BlindNematode
yep i dont know anybody who call themselves a musician who doesnt actually

and when riding the bus for a couple hours thats great time to just zone out and listen to music
Alternative / acoustic stuff I do. Lights off, headphones in and Frank Turner / Bright Eyes / Counting Crows / Bon Iver / Gaslight Anthem playing is one of the most simple but amazing experiences. Especially if it's with a friend / girl and you're both just sharing the music
If you're reading this, then chances are you're procrastinating too
Quote by StewieSwan
Yeah, I love to just lay on my bed and listen to music. When I do that, though, it's almost always classical music.
Same. Can't really listen to classical music and hear all the important details during something like driving. Road noise ruins it.
Quote by TonyRandall
yeah. i cry to most of the music i listen to.

"i'll get by" by Pianos Become The Teeth gets me every time. haha
Quote by tomrgane
Frank Turner / Gaslight Anthem
Bros.

I usually listen to music in the background of either foruming, studying, working, etc.

But occasionally I'll just lay down, close my eyes, and focus on the music. Usually when it's coming through my record player.
I sometimes go out to the city centre, to this relaxing place with a pond nearby, some trees, not much people too. I put on my headphones, sit on a bench, turn on a relaxing tune and then light up a smoke.

That moment....

Best. Feeling. Ever.

Also usually when I do this, it's this tune I'm listening to. I just love it, so relaxing.
Last edited by Shinami at Dec 27, 2011,
Yes. It's the closest experience to drugs that I get without the actual drugs. When I'm in that mind state, everything else that's around me serves to supplement the music, not the other way around.
Madcap, wtf was with that spiderman? I saw it

EDIT:

...And I accidentally posted this in another thread .

Lol.
Yeh man, I feel like this is a pretty biased place to ask this.

When I was like 13 to 17, most of my free time was spent just listening to music or learning a new song. Now that I'm in my 20's the only free time it seems I get is to blast music in my car alone really late at night when I've had a bad day or need to think.

But yeah, I'm sure most of the people on this forum are really into music and just spend time admiring compositions when they have time.
You just made me realize that I haven't done that in a long time. I need to fix that.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by The Madcap
Same. Can't really listen to classical music and hear all the important details during something like driving. Road noise ruins it.

Also, particularly with classical music, it ruins it if you stop paying attention for a bit, and don't know how you got to the bit you're currently listening to. I have to start it again if I catch myself daydreaming while listening.
I. Used to just let windows media player trail off in the background while I would sleep...i remember some atreyu messed with my dreams once.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Someone that isn't me mentioned Pianos Become the Teeth?

I have nothing more to add, then.
Of course. You've never truly heard a song until you've sat down and dedicated time purely to just listening to it, imo
Quote by R. Shackleford.
Glad to see the sex king getting some action I think it might be time for me to pull him out again tonight and take him for a spin around the rift.
Yes, of course.

Even when I have it on 'in the background' it can be the centre of my attention.
Sometimes. I listen to music when I am running and focus on it. It helps me run longer, as I am more focuses on the song than the running.

But I should start doing this some more, just sitting back and listening to music.
Yeah I do this most evenings, really interesting to listen to exactly how songs are constructed and hearing parts you don't hear on casual listens.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
every f***ing day TS. so much, i get tired of it.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Quote by AnEvilWalrus
Of course. You've never truly heard a song until you've sat down and dedicated time purely to just listening to it, imo

This.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
That's how I usually listen to music. It's like a playground for my mind.
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
of course.its how musicians listen to it
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by StewieSwan

This, but i do it everyday. I have to get my daily dose of Beethoven everyday.
I do it... all the time.
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease
Quote by StewieSwan

I do this but with ambient/instrumental music. Brian Eno, Harry Budd, Yann Tiersen, Björn Olsson and the likes. It's quite lovely.

And it mostly happens when I go to sleep/read. I can't listen to intense music when I want to sleep. Makes me far too nervous and stressed out.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Dec 27, 2011,
Quote by StewieSwan

This, minus the classical part. It's one of my favorite hobbies -- I love just popping in some headphones and getting my lax on.
Page 1 of 2