Page 1 of 2
I had this little gem last night, and decided to write it up. I recently quit smoking marijuana about three weeks ago after a solid seven years or so of daily smoking with virtually no breaks, and I have been having the most vivid, lasting dreams of my life. Normally when they would fade within seconds to minutes of waking, they are now so vivid and completely remaining in my memory.. its scary almost. I must also note that I don't have "nightmares" in the sense that I will awaken at the instant something begins scary, I just keep on dreaming

I wont go into any detail about the beginnings of the dreams, but it in the final act, I 'awoke' in some sort of asylum, prison, research type facility. This happened after I noticed some scars on my body beginning to turn black and rot. Next thing I knew I was waking up in this facility, in a room flanked by glass windows on all sides overlooking some sort of laboratory with faceless men and women in white lab coats voraciously toiling away on experiments unbeknownst to me. There were no doors that I could make out, nor any openings for that matter, no distinguishable way for air to escape or enter it seemed. Yet the air was fresh and easy to breath. One completely uninterrupted wall of glass from corner to corner, floor to ceiling, encapsulating me entirely. I did not catch a real glimpse of the floor, but I did notice that the walls seemed to flow into the floor in the same uninterrupted manner, as if they were in fact not made of glass but of some other worldly material foreign to anything I have ever witnessed. A seamless, undivided perpetuality I now resided in against my will, a will which oddly struck me as non existent.

I remember being locked in this room and being handed some pills in a small stainless steel dixie cup, pills which looked like lead fishing weights, handed to me by a man who I had not noticed at first. He sat hunched over leaning slightly to the left on a bench at one end of the room, clad in a robe like that of one you may find in a hospital. A man whose skin was hard and scaly, red, green and blue shades abound throughout the entirety of what I could see. His nose was recessing into his face, his lips pursed back as if they were shrinking. His eyes sunken into his listless face were dilated, and a crimson shade of red overtook the whites, but it was a different shade of red than blood, a shade unlike any other I had ever seen. Alien. Like a creature out of Pan's Labyrinth. A man becoming a demon. His cheek bones high and protruding, pronounced further by the concavity of his cheeks being absorbed into a foul mouth lined by yellowing fragments of what were once teeth. The hair on his head all but non existent. A few spurts of twisted thick black hairs remained scattered, being ultimately replaced by hardened triangular fins of sorts, arched back like the curvature of a sharks tooth running from ear to ear horizontally across what was once a normal human scalp. His hands were suffering the same fate, solid wrinkles overtook his fingers; you could not tell where the knuckles began and ended. His fingernails a ghastly shade of greenish black which looked to be solid and pointed like that of a bears sat atop his crooked and elongated fingers, yet I knew he had not been grooming them in this fashion. The whites of the tips black, that of dried blood, as if he were a man trapped at the bottom of a rocky pit who had torn them off repeatedly in futile efforts to climb out to safety and had them grow back in an unnatural way. All this for some reason did not frighten me though. He was my new undecided roommate, and he looked as if he had little energy and was fading fast, barely able to move by the horrid hardening of his dermis. When he spoke he spoke slowly and deeply with a hollow almost echoing voice like that of what I can only describe as satan, pausing after each word for a second, as if to catch his breath due to failing lungs like those of a cancer victim.

I remember eyeballing one of the pills that looked like a gumball, heavy, only made of lead with several dots along its exterior in a non random fashion, as if it were no drug but a containment for something foreign.. something part of a strange experiment.. I studied them a while, wondering what would happen if I took these pills. I was not forced to by any means, at least not yet, and it seemed as if I were unnoticed by the men and women working outside of the bastille I found myself in. He told me they would help with the "narcs", I assume he meant narcotics, but I really do not know what that had to do with anything regarding my being there. I did not ask him if he had taken them, nor how he became the way he currently was, I just continued studying the 'pills'. My mind still in a foggy complacent haze, unaware, perhaps inhibited by malicious means of my new hosts, or tormentors, of any primal desires to find out why I was there, or how to escape. Though it had briefly crossed my mind, escape seemed impossible, inconceivable, and unattainable.

Then I woke up.

What do you think it means?

Are you telling me theyre out of dragons?
They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
GET THIS GUY OUT OF HERE, FIND ME A DRAGON
Last edited by glenthemann at Dec 27, 2011,
i think some of the best stories are ended by "then i woke up"
thanks for the read. loved the detail.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
No problem man, I enjoyed writing it to say the least. Since quitting pot, words seem to flow effortlessly from the highly tuned apparatus for mental wizardry my mind has become - or rather, returned to.

They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
have you entered the short story comp?
i find i am more motivated and clearheaded than when i smoke, but i like the euphoria more than anything else.

Ugh I've been searching forewarning on this wild dream I had of baby giraffe being shredded up by some hungry lions...it was a pretty brutal dream.
yo.

I BELIEVE
tl;dr

Smoke more weed.
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Fact is nobody has ever proven smoking to cause cancer.
Oedipal complex, clearly. The institution is your cage, unsettled hatred to your father for monopolizing the favors of your mother. Those feelings, being unfulfilled, began to manifest as lesions on your person, while all the people you meet are simply those who cannot see how much you truly care for her. Those other... Patients, we'll call them, are other people you've met who clearly express the same feelings to their mothers. The doctor, as well as the pills, are the way you've been suppressing these feelings.
Quote by L2112Lif
Oedipal complex, clearly. The institution is your cage, unsettled hatred to your father for monopolizing the favors of your mother. Those feelings, being unfulfilled, began to manifest as lesions on your person, while all the people you meet are simply those who cannot see how much you truly care for her. Those other... Patients, we'll call them, are other people you've met who clearly express the same feelings to their mothers. The doctor, as well as the pills, are the way you've been suppressing these feelings.

wait.....

wut?

Quote by L2112Lif

Interesting.

I dont speak with my mother though, and my father well, we have our problems at times to say the least. Mostly because we are so alike and clash quite often

as for the tldrs, no one forced you to come in here, or read.

As for smoking, its amazing just how fogged my brain was, I cant believe it. Its as if a veil was pulled from in front of my eyes, a veil I never even realized was there. I enjoy the euphoria too, but its clear to me just how retarded I became. Not to mention the absurd amounts of money I was spending. Short story comp? Like on these forums? I have not been here in months actually.

They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
Last edited by glenthemann at Dec 27, 2011,
Quote by glenthemann
Interesting.

I dont speak with my mother though, and my father well, we have our problems at times to say the least. Mostly because we are so alike and clash quite often

As for smoking, its amazing just how fogged my brain was, I cant believe it. Its as if a veil was pulled from in front of my eyes, a veil I never even realized was there. I enjoy the euphoria too, but its clear to me just how retarded I became. Not to mention the absurd amounts of money I was spending.

Meh, whatever. To me, it sounds like there's something that you want more than anything and cannot have. Maybe its unrequited love? I know I've had similar dreams where I've amputated hands to prove my affections, Claiming that I would rather live without the ability to play music (which is, honestly, the only safeguard I have from loneliness)... Only to be turned down once more.
Quote by StewieSwan
(Invalid img)

This. I'd be more interested if the text wasn't so damn long.
Quote by glenthemann
Interesting.

As for smoking, its amazing just how fogged my brain was, I cant believe it. Its as if a veil was pulled from in front of my eyes, a veil I never even realized was there. I enjoy the euphoria too, but its clear to me just how retarded I became. Not to mention the absurd amounts of money I was spending. Short story comp? Like on these forums? I have not been here in months actually.

i actually feel that marijuana reveals different thought patterns that help me realize "what is really going on" but, yes, i also spend absurd amounts of money not only marijuana but cigarettes as well. i hate how high my tolerance has gotten.

Could be some srot of fantsasy you have. NOt something that you'd particularly want to happen, but somthing that strikes your fancy. Hell, most of my dreams consist of scifi wars and crap. Not somthing I'd want IRL, but very intersting to em.
OT 1st paragraph: you are afraid of being trapped against your will, not able to do anything about it.

2nd paragraph: you are afraid of becoming something you aren't in the eyes of others.

3rd paragraph: you are afraid that there is no way out and you ill be trapped by your decisions.

simple answer: dont decide. let the life flow through you.

You forgot 1 important things about dreams:

They may seem amazing and meaningful to you, but to everyone else, it's meaningless and absolutely not special.
Quote by L2112Lif
Meh, whatever. To me, it sounds like there's something that you want more than anything and cannot have. Maybe its unrequited love? I know I've had similar dreams where I've amputated hands to prove my affections, Claiming that I would rather live without the ability to play music (which is, honestly, the only safeguard I have from loneliness)... Only to be turned down once more.

I was sleeping beside the love of my life :dunno:

There are lots of things I know I will never have in this life, though anyone can say the same thing.

They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
Quote by add_g

Surely once you start reading it you'll realize it was not that long and was quite the interesting, entertaining read.

They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
Quote by glenthemann
I was sleeping beside the love of my life :dunno:

There are lots of things I know I will never have in this life, though anyone can say the same thing.

the questions is: do you desire to have those things you know you will never have?

Quote by glenthemann
Surely once you start reading it you'll realize it was not that long and was quite the interesting, entertaining read.

I already cheanged my mind and dsecided to read it. It actaully was interesting.
Quote by Harvey Swick
i actually feel that marijuana reveals different thought patterns that help me realize "what is really going on" but, yes, i also spend absurd amounts of money not only marijuana but cigarettes as well. i hate how high my tolerance has gotten.

I agree to an extent, it makes you see things from different odd perspectives. Ive had a number of 'realizations' about things before while stoned out of my mind.

The problem though, is that soon after making these realizations they're gone as quickly as they came. I cant remember the number of times Ive had what I thought to be an absolutely brilliant thought, gone to get a piece of paper and a pen and then been like "shit lulz.. what was I thinking? lulzz.."

One thing I do miss though is sitting down with the guitar, stoned out of my mind and just jamming away at it over a simple vamp. Its a different feeling all together than being sober, though you do have to wonder just how good it really sounded.. haha

They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
Quote by Harvey Swick
the questions is: do you desire to have those things you know you will never have?

Of course.

There are so many things I want to know, educational wise, that I know I do not have the time to ever learn or realize in my workaday life.

They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
Quote by glenthemann
I agree to an extent, it makes you see things from different odd perspectives. Ive had a number of 'realizations' about things before while stoned out of my mind.

The problem though, is that soon after making these realizations they're gone as quickly as they came. I cant remember the number of times Ive had what I thought to be an absolutely brilliant thought, gone to get a piece of paper and a pen and then been like "shit lulz.. what was I thinking? lulzz.."

One thing I do miss though is sitting down with the guitar, stoned out of my mind and just jamming away at it over a simple vamp. Its a different feeling all together than being sober, though you do have to wonder just how good it really sounded.. haha

i know that feel bro.

Of course.

There are so many things I want to know, educational wise, that I know I do not have the time to ever learn or realize in my workaday life.

are you ok with the fact that you will NEVER have those things?
dont answer me. just think about it.

I would usually refrain from over simplifying the complex metaphors and analogies used by the subconscious mind to reflect on waking life, but much of the detail provided seems to me to be psychological filler.

While the specifics of most of your dream may have particular significance to your life and state of mind, I would rather analyze the perhaps most poignant part of your dream against the background of the waking information you have provided.

Your "awakening" in a "research facility" most likely signifies a paradigm shift in your sense of conscious security, a feeling of unease with your perceived self. A feeling of being entrapped signals discomfort and the feeling of being observed against your wishes, signals your insecurity with the public perception of your discomfort.

This is actually a common phenomenon with marijuana users who are the cusp of quitting/have quit. It probably stems from the removal of certain stable psychological components highlighted by regular pot-use, such as calmness, tepidity, feelings of living for the moment, moving insight (note that these are just a few arbitrary examples and your experience is subjective, when I'm high, which is most of the time, I become unsettled and existential). Well, the apparent change in these psychological components brought about by a radical change in usage of the substance that may have enhanced their prominence will definitely impact your dreams in a proportional and relevant manner.

However, on the physical side of things, your sleeping pattern may have undergone unhealthy change from stress (which may be from your sudden THC withdrawal) and thus causing effects similar to episodes of sleep paralysis. Although your dreams are clothed in garb of fantastical events and characters, you are still essentially trapped in a fashion similar to many cases of sleep paralysis.

The lucidity of your dreams and attention to detail may signify the pressing and immediate nature of the stress/disturbance.

Opinions expressed here are my own and interpretative in nature, backed by knowledge and reasoning but not by divine omniscience.

Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Last edited by shattamakar at Dec 27, 2011,
Quote by shattamakar
I would usually refrain from over simplifying the complex metaphors and analogies used by the subconscious mind to reflect on waking life, but much of the detail provided seems to me to be psychological filler.

While the specifics of most of your dream may have particular significance to your life and state of mind, I would rather analyze the perhaps most poignant part of your dream against background of the waking information you have provided.

Your "awakening" in a "research facility" most likely signifies a paradigm shift in your sense of conscious security, a feeling of unease with your perceived self. A feeling of being entrapped signals discomfort and the feeling of being observed against your wishes, signals your insecurity with the public perception of your discomfort.

This is actually a common phenomenon with marijuana users who are the cusp of quitting/have quit. It probably stems from the removal of certain stable psychological components highlighted by regular pot-use, such as calmness, tepidity, feelings of living for the moment, moving insight (note that these are just a few arbitrary examples and your experience is subjective, when I'm high, which is most of the time, I become unsettled and existential). Well, the apparent change in these psychological components brought about by a radical change in usage of the substance that may have enhanced their prominence will definitely impact your dreams in a proportional and relevant manner.

However, on the physical side of thing, your sleeping pattern may have undergone unhealthy change from stress (which may be from your sudden THC withdrawal) and thus causing effects similar to episodes of sleep paralysis. Although your dreams are clothed in garb of fantastical events and characters, you are still essentially trapped in a fashion similar of many cases of sleep paralysis.

The lucidity of your dreams and attention to detail may signify the pressing and immediate nature of the stress/disturbance.

Opinions expressed here are my own and interpretative in nature, backed by knowledge and reasoning but not by divine omniscience.

great style dude.
you need to see the short story comp as well...

Quote by shattamakar

While the specifics of most of your dream may have particular significance to your life and state of mind, I would rather analyze the perhaps most poignant part of your dream against background of the waking information you have provided.

However, on the physical side of thing, your sleeping pattern may have undergone unhealthy change from stress (which may be from your sudden THC withdrawal) and thus causing effects similar to episodes of sleep paralysis. Although your dreams are clothed in garb of fantastical events and characters, you are still essentially trapped in a fashion similar of many cases of sleep paralysis.

Like I said its been about three weeks. I went through a week and a half of severe insomnia, having only about ten total hours of sleep over a seven day period. It was hell let me tell you.

They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
Quote by Harvey Swick

great style dude.
you need to see the short story comp as well...

I ain't 3/4th a Lawyer for nothing, ya'know
Quote by thanksgiving
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Also, like I said this was only the final act in a slew of different "acts" which I dreamt that night. The first involved two women (who are best friends), one of which completely up and abandoned myself and all my friends. I had sex with the both of them after they ate my last two steaks.

The other part involved a sort of altercation between me and a giant man, and we ended up working things out and becoming friends.. then I noticed the scars and the next part, the part I wrote about began.

The other parts were just as vivid, but werent as interesting lol

They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
Quote by shattamakar
I ain't 3/4th a Lawyer for nothing, ya'know

nothing except money, right?

I think you're probably pregnant.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by isabiggles

Quote by isabiggles

I did have a rather large poop the other day... it felt like giving birth to say the least

They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
sorry, i only analyse faeces
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by Eggmond
sorry, i only analyse faeces

Quote by glenthemann
Also, like I said this was only the final act in a slew of different "acts" which I dreamt that night. The first involved two women (who are best friends), one of which completely up and abandoned myself and all my friends. I had sex with the(1) both of them after they ate my last two steaks.

(2)The other part involved a sort of altercation between me and a giant man, and we ended up working things out and becoming friends.. then I noticed the scars and the next part, the part I wrote about began.

The other parts were just as vivid, but werent as interesting lol

1) Can't be arsed. Ask some naive Freudian.

2) Ego and the reconciliation thereto.

The next part of your dream is actually a logical continuation of the struggle to reconcile with you as perceived by others as opposed to you as perceived by yourself, imo.

Also, get some sleep bitch, eat soul-food.

@Harvey Swick- What money, man? The first half of my barristering will be paying back loans
Quote by thanksgiving
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

Quote by add_g

It is three damn paragraphs. You must have the attention span of a goldfish.

Shattamakar, wow. Very interesting.
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
Thank you

Oh and TS, even though I said I couldn't be arsed, I am tempted to think that the two women you saw in your first phase signifies your right-brain sector (your feminine, your imagination) that was enhanced, even doubled(hence two) by your pot use and psychoactive inquiry.

It seems that you have reconciled with the apparent departure of a chunk of this right-brain fixation by rationalizing your feminine side by beholding it eat meat (signifying your masculine, your logical left brain) and "conquering" it by having sex (signifying union, embracing duality)

So, I would assume that in this time of reconciliation, you have come to terms with (1) the balance of your imagination/logic, from the first dream sequence (2) balance of your ego and true self, from the second dream sequence and (3) NOT come to terms with the perception of others towards your intricate changes that you have come to accept, but may seem alien and strange to them.

Work on your sleep, brah!

Quote by thanksgiving
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

Last edited by shattamakar at Dec 27, 2011,
Page 1 of 2