Page 1 of 4
On a post my friend put:

like the ppl who believe in big bang theory.. They think millions or billions of years ago a big explosion happened... And it exploded into earth.. Well explosions destroy things they don't create things.. Its just not legit.

I want to hear your opinions. Seems legit or is she full of sh*t?
I sure hope she's trolling - and she probably is. I can't really imagine a serious and sane person thinking thus.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by JamSessionFreak
I sure hope she's trolling - and she probably is. I can't really imagine a serious and sane person thinking thus.
Really? I sure can.
So the Cambrian Explosion killed a lot of animals, right?

Your friend is a ****tard.
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
She's not informed, anyway teh universe wants you to bone her.

And that's basically that. /thread
Wow, you sir, are a complete dullard and I would implore you to castrate yourself so that you do not ever procreate.

The earth did not exist at the time of the big bang, nothing did. Not even the universe. The universe was created as a result of the big bang, the explosion of a singularity of infinite mass. Following the explosion and billions of years of the elements formed in the big bang..

ahh why am I even bothering to explain? You're likely some juvenile who will learn about this later on once you pass the sixth grade and realize how dumb you sounded as of right now.

Are you telling me theyre out of dragons?
They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
GET THIS GUY OUT OF HERE, FIND ME A DRAGON
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Fact is nobody has ever proven smoking to cause cancer.
Quote by glenthemann
Wow, you sir, are a complete dullard and I would implore you to castrate yourself so that you do not ever procreate.

The earth did not exist at the time of the big bang, nothing did. Not even the universe. The universe was created as a result of the big bang, the explosion of a singularity of infinite mass. Following the explosion and billions of years of the elements formed in the big bang..

ahh why am I even bothering to explain? You're likely some juvenile who will learn about this later on once you pass the sixth grade and realize how dumb you sounded as of right now.

Now who is this directed to?
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Quote by glenthemann

Oh trust me I would have died long ago if I was that unintelligent. It is my friend who said that, please read before commenting
Quote by glenthemann

Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Fact is nobody has ever proven smoking to cause cancer.
If it helps with anything, the discussion started with her saying that evolution was the greatest deception of modern history. I do mean modern
I think you just made this thread to laugh at your stupid friend and feel good about yourself for not being as dumb. There is nothing important to discuss.
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017

All I have to add to this thread.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
She obviously doesn't realise that the term 'explosion,' in reference to The Big Bang Theory is just a figure of speech.
ITT internet atheists know this is a troll but will still try to act smart because they can't miss any opportunity to prove how they are superior.
Quote by The Madcap
Really? I sure can.

Explosions destroy things, they don't create them.

Nope, can't see it happening. Now, I guess the U.S. has a bigger percentage of religious people and therefore a bigger number of fundamentalist nutjobs, but I really haven't seen or heard anyone in Slovenia openly rejecting the Big Bang theory or that man has evolved out of a common ancestor. Or maybe I just don't remember.
My first brush with a nutjob of the fundamentalist sort was in Vieanna, when some old man was handing out notes, that said things like:
- Boys and girls that have sex before mariage get aids
- Boys and girls who don't read the Bible go to hell
etc.
I could hardly beleive that a man can think like that and he didn't even mention evolution and the big bang theory. But that was my only experience of that kind - I honestly can't remember anyone rejecting said theories here.

Quote by Portuguese_boy
ITT internet atheists know this is a troll but will still try to act smart because they can't miss any opportunity to prove how they are superior.

This is probably true.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at Dec 27, 2011,
Quote by Portuguese_boy

Everybody is only hoping it's a troll, though. Only the TS could give us any real insight, assuming he knows the person, and assuming she's even real.

Also I forgot the big bang is just god f-ing his wife lol thats how they made adam n eve they were there kids
i don't mean to bash my friend, I wanted to know others opinion on the matter. Was the world born out of an explosion? Did God create the Earth and universe?
Quote by Portuguese_boy

superiority is an illusion.

Edit:

Quote by Bam515
i don't mean to bash my friend, I wanted to know others opinion on the matter. Was the world born out of an explosion? Did God create the Earth and universe?

both
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Quote by Bam515

Alright, retract my last post. Definite troll.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Alright, retract my last post. Definite troll.

Agreed. I'm off.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by Bam515

Nobody knows, and a definite answer will probably never be found.
My personal belief is that the Big Bang theory is more likely than a deity creating everything out of nothing.
Note, "personal belief", I'm not trying to prove any type of 'internet atheist superiority', I'm merely noting my own beliefs.
If you believe God created everything, then sure, if that makes you happy, and if you believe it, then I fully support you in those beliefs.
Because just because someone has a different religion doesn't mean that they can't have respect for other people's religious beliefs.
"Big Bang" is a misnomer, the term having been coined by a scientist who thought the theory was ridiculous and wanted to demonstrate that.

From princeton.edu:
Quote by princeton.edu

To the public, the model means that the universe began from a single point, underwent an explosion, and has been flying apart ever since.

However, the big bang is not an explosion at all. This is an unfortunate misnomer that cosmologists would like to correct. But the bad name has stuck.

The big bang is the expansion or stretching of space. It is not that things are flying out from a point. Rather, all things are moving away from each other. It is like having an infinite rubber sheet with people sitting on it. Stretch the rubber sheet, and all the people move away from one another. Each thinks they are at the center of an explosion. It is an optical illusion - everybody moves away from everybody else and there is no center.

Run the story going back and time and the sheet was more and more unstretched and the people were closer together. When everybody is so close they are on top of one another, that is is the beginning of the big bang picture - the cosmic singularity. At that time, the universe has nearly infinite density and temperature.
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
Last edited by §ArmyofAngels§ at Dec 27, 2011,
People are going to bash your ideas sometimes, but in the end, all that matters is this:

You are right and you know it.

You go girl!
Quote by jurnag12
My personal belief is that the Big Bang theory is more likely than a deity creating everything out of nothing.
Note, "personal belief", I'm not trying to prove any type of 'internet atheist superiority', I'm merely noting my own beliefs.
If you believe God created everything, then sure, if that makes you happy, and if you believe it, then I fully support you in those beliefs.
Because just because someone has a different religion doesn't mean that they can't have respect for other people's religious beliefs.

This ^

But I'd also like to add, the three Abrahamic religions of Judaism, Christianity and Islam all consider the Biblical Book of Genesis as an accurate account of how their God created the earth and eventualy flooded it, but they also consider the earlier stories from the Sumerian and Babylonian cultures of Mesopotamia, that the stories in the Book of Genesis appear to be based upon, as pure mythology, yet if the Book of Genesis is based upon mythology, then surely it must also be mythology.
Quote by jurnag12

You know, noone is doubting her intellect because she doesn't beleive in the big bang. As I see it, her intellect is in question because of here child-like logic and because she is very poorly informed.

Quote by Bam515
On a post my friend put:
They think millions or billions of years ago a big explosion happened... And it exploded into earth.. Well explosions destroy things they don't create things.. Its just not legit.

Bolded part - I'm not quite sure how she was able to make a connection between expanding space-time and Earth being created out of the Big Bang.

Underlined part - The child-like logic I mentioned before. It's more or less like saying;
' They say that our ears pick up soundwaves...Well sound isn't made out of water, it's gas...It's just not legit.'

Also, stop defending idiotic claims just because they're a part of the topic of relegion. When someone says that, according the Big Bang theory, the Earth was created out of an explosion, they are spewing lies and don't understand the theory at all. And I won't stand them uncorrected because the claims they make are relegious in nature. I don't see why we can tear people a new one because of their political views but not because of their religious ones.
It would have been okay if TS's friend just said that she doesn't beleive in the Big Bang but if she's spewing garbage like the one mentioned in the OP, there is no need to deal with her in gloves.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at Dec 27, 2011,
Quote by Portuguese_boy

does acknowledging this make me one of them?
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Quote by Portuguese_boy

You just said that to try and make yourself look superior to internet atheists.

BTW, what's the difference between 'internet' atheists and regular atheists?
Isn't the Big Bang Theory basically an explosion which is still happening or something similar?
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
One doesn't have to be an atheist to believe in the Big Bang.

It could simply be the way God made it happen.

The argument that explosions destroy things, not create them is false in a lot of different ways.
Chief among them is the fact that the Earth wasn't create a week after the Big Bang... There were billions (upon billions) of years between the two events.

Order from Chaos, and all that.

And yeah, the effects from the Big Bang are still being observed -in fact, it's really just getting started. The expansion of the universe is actually speeding up.
Mean People Suck.
I enjoy a big bang on occasion.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
In the words of Penn Jillete: "I will not be so arrogant as to assume I know for certain."

Or something like that.
Quote by Bam515

"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Quote by Tele1 Kenobi
One doesn't have to be an atheist to believe in the Big Bang.

It could simply be the way God made it happen.

True, there are plenty of Christians who consider that and also that evolution was a tool of God's creation too.

This seems sensible to me, if you're going to believe in a creator God, then surely you should see the scientific evidence as evidence for the method God used for creation.

Although it could be argued that the reason many people believe in a creator God in the first place is because of the Biblical texts that appear to contradict the scientific evidence, therefore believing that God created anything in any other fashion than what the Biblical texts state contradicts the very reason why people believe in such a God in the first place.

But then again, the creation texts that most people read in the Bible are not generaly very accurate translations from the original Ancient Hebrew texts, for instance, in the original Hebrew texts, the first line of Genesis 1 doesn't actualy have God 'creating' the heavens and the earth but rather it has him 'preparing' the heavens and the earth, which apparently already existed as 'waste and void'.
Which could be anything, a desert could be described as such yet a desert still contains life, and 'waste', let us not forget, is what is left once everything of use has been taken away. All of which suggests that if the Biblical accounts are true, then something already existed before God came along and manipulated it.

It's also possible that that Genesis 1 may have been the product of a story that was told and passed down through many millenia via word of mouth and is actualy about events at the end of the Ice Age. It can certainly be interpreted that way, but then, it can be interpreted a number of different ways....

...which naturaly means that it isn't a very reliable text to base one's beliefs off.

The points can be argued back and forth for an eternity.
Quote by Tele1 Kenobi

The argument that explosions destroy things, not create them is false in a lot of different ways.

Also true, an explosion is essentialy the result of a reaction, often a 'chemical' reaction, and from such reactions we often get other products as a result.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Dec 27, 2011,
Quote by SlackerBabbath
True, there are plenty of Christians who consider that and also that evolution was a tool of God's creation too.

This seems sensible to me, if you're going to believe in a creator God, then surely you should see the scientific evidence as evidence for the method God used for creation

Kind of reminds of that Futurama episode, "A Clockwork Origin".

Excellent episode.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Page 1 of 4