Ok, so the question is whats a more quality built, warm, and versatile delay pedal?

the MXR carbon copy or the Way Huge aqua-puss?
Basically I just need the most usable features andthing thats gonna be a shitty choice in the long run. this puppy needs to last and sound goood! im leaning towards the aqua puss but im not 100% sold so i just want some opinions from some other guitarists.
They're both good. I would consider the Deluxe Memory Boy or other "Memory" versions as well, they sound really nice, too.
i'm pretty happy with my carbon copy. its got a really smooth delay and is pretty versatile
If you want awesome tone and versatility go with the TC Electronic Flashback Delay. Its in the same price range as both of those, has way more settings, and tc is known for their delays. Seriously, look into it you wont regret it.
GEAR
Godin Icon Type 2 Classic
Vox SDC 33
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12
Roland Cube 80XL
Boss Tuner
BBE Boosta Grande
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Amptweaker Tightmetal
ISP Decimator
Zoom G3
TC Electronic Flashback
Visual Sound H2O
Quote by guitarguychris1
If you want awesome tone and versatility go with the TC Electronic Flashback Delay. Its in the same price range as both of those, has way more settings, and tc is known for their delays. Seriously, look into it you wont regret it.

i looked a it and its a beast! defimnitely gonna shoot for it, its a looper too! anybody have experience with them?
Quote by goldfinger7
i looked a it and its a beast! defimnitely gonna shoot for it, its a looper too! anybody have experience with them?

also look at the tc electronic nova repeater, it just dropped to the same price as the flash back
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
TC Electronic Flashback...
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Do you have a rough budget in mind?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by WtrPlyr
The Carbon Copy is very dark and muddy.
The Aqua Puss only has 300ms or so delay time, so not really versatile.

I'd go for something different. What's your maximum budget?

This.
What's your budget?
What do you play?

If you want versatile you probably want a digital delay in which case I'd definitely recommend the TC Nova Repeater.
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by goldfinger7

I own it and it is seriously amazing. I heard someone say this in a review before I bought it, and its true, its like a swiss army knife of delay. Not only do you have alot of options, the pedal is easy to use and it sounds great. Options mean nothing if it doesnt sound killer, but this does, pretty useful for just about an application you would need it for.
GEAR
Godin Icon Type 2 Classic
Vox SDC 33
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12
Roland Cube 80XL
Boss Tuner
BBE Boosta Grande
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Amptweaker Tightmetal
ISP Decimator
Zoom G3
TC Electronic Flashback
Visual Sound H2O
Quote by goldfinger7

I just got a Flashback a couple days ago, to complement my Hall of Fame pedal. Both sound professional and boutique, to say the least. I play through an amp that is not known for its cleans, and with these pedals, I can create sounds on the clean channel that will bring a tear to your eye! Absolutely beautiful cleans -- through a 6505!

The Flashback is very user-friendly and can be used for a variety of purposes. I've never had a looper before, and I can't believe I missed out for so long! You set it on the loop setting, tap the pedal, then play a rhythm or lead for up to 40 seconds. Then hit the button again and it starts to play back your track over and over again, then you can solo or do anything you want over the top of it! I've found this very useful and inspirational in terms of song writing -- you get to see how the rhythm parts sound with your leads! With some of the other settings I've gotten some very nice U2/Pink Floyd style rhythms going. This pedal is absolutely worth every penny I paid for it!
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Quote by WtrPlyr
The Carbon Copy is very dark and muddy.
The Aqua Puss only has 300ms or so delay time, so not really versatile.

I'd go for something different. What's your maximum budget?

the carbon copy is definitely more suited to being used with cleans or mild overdrive from the amp but it has a really great, warm effect. with the mod switch i can get a nice chorus like sound out of it. its pretty versatile for a lot of stuff