I recently bought an ltd ec-100qm since they dont have much of a low end and clean sound im changing the pups for a dimarzio(only these brand of pups are available here). Can you site me some good pair of dimarzio aside from air norton/tone zone? I play metal mostly and i want the lows to shine more than mid and highs. Im new on these im an ignorant on choosing pups. Please entlighten me thanks!
Quote by Almon2011
I recently bought an ltd ec-100qm since they dont have much of a low end and clean sound im changing the pups for a dimarzio(only these brand of pups are available here). Can you site me some good pair of dimarzio aside from air norton/tone zone? I play metal mostly and i want the lows to shine more than mid and highs. Im new on these im an ignorant on choosing pups. Please entlighten me thanks!

The best thing to do would be to try some of them out. If you cant do that then go on the dimarzio website and look at their EQ and try to figure out whats best for you.
Ever thought your amp was the problem?
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
What dimarzio pair is good for metal? I want a chugging for alternate picking is the tone zone/air norton good for metal?
I've heard the Tone Zone's good for metal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yFXfTW_Op4

Matt Aub from Timelord uses a Tone Zone and I think an Air Norton here. I have a Super Distortion/PAF Pro combo in my ML and to be honest I think it's got a much nicer, tighter tone than my Schecter's EMGs(though I mostly play older-school metal/hard rock, I play old-school death metal and black metal too, but I'm not big on the whole djent/metalcore craze of late. Regardless what I play doesn't really seem to be an EMG's home turf, so that could be why I'm not fussed on them). If you're playing real heavy stuff though you could always try the D-Activators, Chris Broderick and John 5 use those and they play heavy stuff.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Quote by Enix165
I've heard the Tone Zone's good for metal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yFXfTW_Op4

Matt Aub from Timelord uses a Tone Zone and I think an Air Norton here. I have a Super Distortion/PAF Pro combo in my ML and to be honest I think it's got a much nicer, tighter tone than my Schecter's EMGs(though I mostly play older-school metal/hard rock, I play old-school death metal and black metal too, but I'm not big on the whole djent/metalcore craze of late. Regardless what I play doesn't really seem to be an EMG's home turf, so that could be why I'm not fussed on them). If you're playing real heavy stuff though you could always try the D-Activators, Chris Broderick and John 5 use those and they play heavy stuff.

What do you recommend for the chugging sound? I do cover of a local metal band and do lots of alternate picking on the 6th string.
Quote by Almon2011
What dimarzio pair is good for metal? I want a chugging for alternate picking is the tone zone/air norton good for metal?

I wouldn't go for those, I recommend a D-Activator set.

But what amp are you playing into?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Oh come on, get Super Distortion on bridge, nothing needed to say, everything is in it's name. It has very high bass with a chunky distortion and hot, warm clean tones. Get a P.A.F pro for neck to fit it, has damn good distortion and clean tones. You can play everything with them from jazz to heavy metal.