So my younger brother's after a new guitar, and he's got his eyes set on this one

Only issue is, none of the guitar shops around Liverpool happen to stock it, nor can they get one delivered

Since he's unable to try it out, I was wondering if any of you lot had experience with it, and could say how it played etc, or recommend any others of similar price range that'd be suitable

He originally played primary metal, but has turned to more RHCP style rock as of late

Cheers
Michael
I had one several years ago. Very nice guitar. Never had considered owning an Explorer until I it played one in a shop and absolutely fell in love. They're surprisingly comfortable to play despite their looks. I hope to have one again now that I've gotten back into playing.
If you mean the Dawsons in Liverpool, they did have a korina Explorer (i come from Liverpool). It was OK but the pickups were terrible. It did cleans nicely but any amount of gain would result in muddy tones.

The korina isn't really a guitar designed for metal. Its meant to be more of a blues/rock guitar. It would do a lot better for that kinda thing unless you're willing to get different pickups.

Playability-wise. it was quite good.

I am strongly against the idea of not trying a guitar before buying it. You've GOT to imho.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Dec 27, 2011,
It is a nice guitar, but having the 250k volume/tone pot (?) in it gave it a bit less. I think with some upgrades, it has great potential. It feels very comfortable, suprisingly light and had a nice feel to it. I was nearly going to buy one but i decided against it
Quote by Seddon1707
So my younger brother's after a new guitar, and he's got his eyes set on this one

Only issue is, none of the guitar shops around Liverpool happen to stock it, nor can they get one delivered

Since he's unable to try it out, I was wondering if any of you lot had experience with it, and could say how it played etc, or recommend any others of similar price range that'd be suitable

He originally played primary metal, but has turned to more RHCP style rock as of late

Cheers
Michael

If it's a fair price, get it!

Get better PUs, better electronics, a better nut, etc. and you'll have a solid beast.

Ah, thanks guys, turns out there's one in a Manchester store, so we're gonna head down to there and try that one out