Epiphone explorer with EMG's + Behringer vt100fx (solid state)

or

Fender Squire Bullet Strat + Bugera 333XL (tube amp)

Epi Explorer and bugera tube amp both cost about the same.

i play mostly metallica.

what do you guys advise me to buy?
You made a near identical thread yesterday, didn't you? Something to do with going to a big shop and not being sure weather or not to buy the Bugera, or a guitar?! *reported just incase this is the second thread about this*.

EDIT -
Yes you did.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1507239
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Dec 27, 2011,
Squire with 333xl, 100%
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Just my SWAG; but better to go with the better guitar. A new/better amp will NOT: fret better, do bends well, handle like a dream and promote clean and accurate playing. A monster amp and a buncha pedals are no substitute for good playin'. Once ya have THAT down well. then's the time to worry over a primo amp.

Best of luck
Quote by Carl6661
You made a near identical thread yesterday, didn't you? Something to do with going to a big shop and not being sure weather or not to buy the Bugera, or a guitar?! *reported just incase this is the second thread about this*.

EDIT -
Yes you did.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1507239

WOW, just wow, dude what do you care? really... got a life or something, little internet investegator... youre so feared man... you must be the coolest guy around here. i made this thread again because im still not sure and the last thread gave mixed awnsers
Last edited by teli1337 at Dec 27, 2011,
Quote by teli1337
WOW, just wow, dude what do you care? really... got a life or something, little internet investegator... youre so feared man... you must be the coolest guy around here. i made this thread again because im still not sure and the last thread gave mixed awnsers

chill dude.
Quote by teli1337

u mad?
It depends on what you plan on using them for. If you plan on playing live go with the better amp. You can make a cheaper guitar sound good through a good amp, but its hard to make a good guitar sound good through a bad amp. If you are just going to be playing at home in your bedroom or garage or something, go with the better guitar, something that is going to be more comfortable and fun to play. btw if you are looking for a great sounding affordable amp, check out the fender mustang amps. The Mustang iii is 100 watts, sounds great and is only $300 USD.
GEAR
Godin Icon Type 2 Classic
Vox SDC 33
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12
Roland Cube 80XL
Boss Tuner
BBE Boosta Grande
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Amptweaker Tightmetal
ISP Decimator
Zoom G3
TC Electronic Flashback
Visual Sound H2O
agree with guitarguycris !!

If you play with a band , live go with a better amp .. But if your in a bedroom .. than go with the good guitar .

I play in my bedroom with heapdhone 99 % of the time so a big tube amp is useless to me . So i went with good guitar and play through a modeler / software ( amplitube , guitar rig ) .

I have 2000 $ worth of guitar .. and play with a small modeler cause i dont need more than that for now in a bedroom . I prefered that way cause im almost set up guitar wise .. ill focus on the amp later when ill have a band and wont have to upgrade my guitars .

do you have a amp right now ???
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Dec 27, 2011,
Quote by teli1337

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/announcement.php?f=33&announcementid=150
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
get used to it dude, some of this dudes have nothing better to do. seems like they could be using this time to practice. LOL.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
If they guitar plays ok then buy an amp. If the guitar is hard to play and can't be fixed with a setup, buy a guitar.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification