So im rethinking my rig and wanna go direct , living in a appartmeent i need a set up i can both play with headphone / studio monitors / powered p.a speaker . tube amp are unsuitable for me as i never can cranked them enough to sound good ( i play at whisper bvolume and heapdhone most of the time )

i was wondering if someone here play "direct " ( through studio monitors , powered p.a speaker , mixing console with headphone etc..) with a tech 21 sans amp psa1 , gt2 , pod , eleven rack , plugged directly through XLR .

i think im gonna go that route .. ive heard some good results on youtube with people playing direct .

what would you suggest i was thinking about a pod Hd plugged directly into a powered speaker like Mackie srm , JBL eon , QSC etc.. so i could play at home with heapphone and live with a drummer with my powered speaker .

would that sound any good ?

any suggestion of studio monitors , powered speaker ???
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Why don´t you have a tube amp for everytime you can play loud and get a program like pod farm so you can play via the computer AND record at the same time?
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
5 w tube amp?
Gear:
-Squier Bullet Strat

DUNLOP CRY BABY

-Peavey ValveKing 212
Quote by Tim the Rocker
Why don´t you have a tube amp for everytime you can play loud and get a program like pod farm so you can play via the computer AND record at the same time?

casue i wont play loud 95 % of the time . so i dont wanna spend like 1000 on a tube amp i will maybe use later or almost never and have a "cheap" set up for home purpose like a pod farm .

Id much rather like spend 700-800 on a good multi effect , amp modeler so i can get good sound for recording , playing with headphone AND use the same set up and plug "direct" if needed .
if i had a band , i would go for both set up like you suggest , but i rarely practice with a drummer , but i still need a servicable set up to play live if i have too.

So i was thinking of a good multi effect / modeler and play direct into a active p.a speaker if need . and use it into studio monitors at home .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Dec 27, 2011,
I've done this for ages, and I love it. I use a POD X3 Live for guitar at home, and I perform in a cover band playing bass. At home, I hav ea decent pa, active mackies and an active wharfedale sub, and live I play through our singer/sound guys HK system. it sounds great in both settings. All you really need to worry about it something that can give youa balanced signal, which pretty much any multifx will do.

I have a strong preference for Line 6, and think they're great, so i'd highly recommend them. haven't used the HD series though.

As far as speakers, the HKs are insanely transparent and bright (and quite dear), JBLs have a very mid-focused 80s kind of a sound, and Mackies are prett unbiased (all just in my experince, to my ears [and those of our sound guy]).

Any of them should be fine, but I've also played through a powered behringer 15", and frankly it sounded pretty good. Actually we use powred behringer 12"s for foldback.
I have my pedalboard hooked up to an amp and to the mixer direct with a power amp and a pair of Yamaha (home stereo) speakers. Sounds great. The last pedal on the pedalboard is a Zoom G3 so I get cab modeling from it.